Customer Wishlist

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a toggle that allows auto costs to follow chargeable days.

We often use the 'chargeable days' feature to adjust the number of day rates clients are charged for equipment, but auto costing follows the opportunity dates, so we are constantly having to adjust cost days by hand. I'd love the ability to have the costs module follow the chargeable days by default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to post this. This is feedback we’ve received pretty consistently since we launched automatic costing, so we’re pleased to let you know we’ve made some changes:

• When an opportunity has chargeable days turned on, we now set sub-rent cost chargeable days using the corresponding opportunity item chargeable days.
    • We’ll only change sub-rent cost chargeable days when the cost chargeable days matches the original item chargeable days, so that manually adjusted days are preserved.
    • When an opportunity has chargeable days turned off and pricing is locked, if you change the opportunity start or end dates then we won’t update the sub-rent cost chargeable days.
    • When an opportunity has chargeable days turned off and you’ve made changes to a sub-rent cost chargeable days, if you change the opportunity start and end date then we won’t update the sub-rent cost chargeable days.

When sub-rent cost chargeable days are…

2. Product Nick Names

In the area we service we have many competing companies and many clients will take our quotes and pass them along to competing companies seeing if they can use the exact gear we quoted them and underbid us.

I’d love an option for all our rental products to have a “nick name” section so when we send quotes out it doesn’t give exact equipment model details. For example we have “JBL PRX 612” but if we had a nick name section for that product we could put “powered speaker” and that would be what shows on the quote to our…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Alex is exactly right here – a custom field is a great way to display an alternative name for a product or service. It’s handy in cases like Dax mentions, but also for companies that operate in multiple languages.

Check out our guide on adding custom fields to documents: Use custom fields in document layouts

Don’t know HTML? Don’t worry! We’re here to help, email us at help@current-rms.com and we’ll get your custom fields plumbed-in to your docs.

3. Able to pick font for the output files (quotes, orders,Invoices)

Able to choose a font in the layout (invoices, orders, quotes-PDF)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Document layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search organisations by postcode

It would be useful to be able to search organisations by postcode. We have a lot of organisations with long or similar names, so when they phone up it would be a lot easier to enter their postcode into the search box

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People & Organizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show quarantine history on item page

Show within an items page if the unit has been in quarantine, and provide a link to view the details.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Quarantine and servicing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an option to show/hide individual items and groups from quotes & invoices

Please can you add an option to show or hide individual items and groups on a quote or invoice which is being sent to a customer or downloaded as a PDF.

e.g. I often want to show the LED Group and its contents but not the Power Group and its contents.

OR

On another quote I might want to show the LED Group and it's contents and only the Power Distro from the Cable Group rather than each individual power cable.

Other rental software has an option to hide any item which is priced at £0.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Document layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GDPR tools

On the 25th May this year new EU rules will dictate how we keep peoples data.
    As we keep customer and supplier data in Current RMS are there any GDPR tools that can be added to Current RMS to help us manage these new rules?.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Highlight numbers when editing opportunity items

In a lot of web/desktop software, when you click on the cost of a unit price or discount percentage to edit it, the software will automatically highlight the text of that field. This means that you can overwrite the cost of the item just by typing in the new value.

With Current RMS you have to backspace out the values which gets a bit tedious when you have a lot of ad-hoc discounts to apply.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Manual invoice numbers

We Invoice Through Sage, as most of our work is currently service based, and we find it clunky/difficult to invoice through Current for services.
    However, the problem we have is that because not every job we do requires a quote, there's a lot of work we don't put on Current because we simply don't need to. But when we need to invoice for some dry hire equipment for example, we would find the process much easier to invoice through current if we could manually add invoice numbers at the invoice stage, allowing us to follow our sequential sage invoice numbering…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customizable user views

I'd like to be able to create customized displays for my desktop, orders and other reports so that I can limit the amount sensitive information that is available on screen, such as pricing and order totals. I'd prefer to do this without having to create a new user or globally edit my user settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Document layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Custom views would work great here! Custom views let you see and sort the data in your system, creating your own table views for Opportunities, Invoices, Products, and other key screens.

All of the views you create live in the View menu so you can choose the view that suits you.

Current remembers your choice of view for your session. You can set a view as your default if you wish, meaning it’ll be remembered across sessions.

Check out: “Custom views”:https://help.current-rms.com/the-basics/categorize-and-sort/custom-views

11. Easier search of participants

when entering participants, i wish the name you entered stays in the field when you toggle from user to contact

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Schedule feeds to calendar for delivery and set up times rather than just the opportunity.

Presently only the Opportunity (draft, enquiry or order) are fed through to the calendar. This is great to see what is on at any one given time.

However if we could have feeds for when a job is scheduled to be delivered, installed, dismantled and returned then an instant understanding of how many jobs are being delivered and collected on any given day can be seen.

The reason for this is many jobs are large and require a day of prepping and de prepping. - so this is when the kit is booked on the system for a order feed. …

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Job Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change invoice due dates when not manual invoice

When making an invoice out of an opportunity (not when manually creating), the due date is automatically assigned. The invoice due date should show in the box that pops up as it is very easy to miss or forget to modify.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adjust the charge total to discount on the total price / 'do a deal' button

Some of our clients like to see a round off number eg. $3300 incl Tax. At the moment we have guess the magic number to get us to our right figure. it would be great if we can edit the total price, which in return will adjust ONLY the Available rental stock with the correct percentage as the discount. Discount should not apply to Labour, Transport and sub hired or non available items.

355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Assign standard rental discount to organisation

Assign a default discount percentage for rental or sales rates to organisations which is automatically used when creating opportunities.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Highlight shortages on a job at quote stage

A button, maybe opens up a smaller window like show picker which lists all the availability of the kit on the quote - this would be much quicker than going via the drop down on each individual item.

Basically something that highlights potential shortages whilst the job is still at quote stage, avoiding problems later on when the kit is converted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Ease files as a file type option for attachments.

Ease lets you map out what a room will sound like before you ever set foot in the room. I would like to share the .fc3 files that are generated by Ease so the techs know where speakers need to go and how the room is going to sound before they ever get on site.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Put the customer's telephone number on the front page of each opportunity

Every day we have to click through to customer's records maybe dozens of times to see their phone number. It seems to me the only piece of blindingly obvious piece of information that's missing from the front page of an opportunity. I feel like it could easily be right next to the customers name under the title of the opportunity (see attached pic) and it would save us time every day:
    - In the planning of a job, we often have to call a client multiple times to arrange details.
    - A few days before the job, we plan our…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to have a negative line item

I want to be able to capture discounts to my customers. I currently do this in quickbooks with an item called "customer discount" that is just a normal item. Quickbooks allows for items to be negative. So I'd like current to allow for a "revenue group" to be a negative number. Right now it has to be above 0. If a negative number was allowed. I create multiple discount items in a revenue group, that would then transfer over to a mapped item in quickbooks. I'm not sure how hard it is to just allow for negative numbers?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fantastic news – this is something that you can do in Current RMS now.

You can enter negative prices for sales items, great for deducting fixed amounts. Post your invoice to QuickBooks Online as normal.

Remember to select a sale item or set your text item type to “sale”.

20. Allow attachments created when building the job to still be attached to the job when invoices are issued

Can you allow attachments created when building the job to still be attached to the job when Invoices are issued

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base