Customer Wishlist

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sales quoted and future orders report

I need sales forecasts for cash flow planning. This doesn’t seem to be available in the reports section. Ideally it would show prospects, quoted and orders. If the prospect and quoted projects had a probability flag the report could display best and worst case forecasts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do A Deal Quickbooks Revenue Mapping

So we really appreciate the do a deal feature, but we are just now realizing that this feature does not work with the Quickbooks Integration. You should at least clarify this in the help articles. For users unaware, when you use 'Deal Pricing' it breaks all revenue group mapping you have with Quickbooks. For us this is a deal breaker and we have to stop using 'Do A Deal' because of it. Can we get some votes in here so Current will fix this bug? In the meantime we will go back to discounting the old fashioned way.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to post this idea, we’re keen to hear customers’ thoughts on this one.

In invoice software, lines on an invoice can only include one revenue group mapping and tax class. This presents a bit of a problem when deal pricing because a deal price might contain charges for multiple revenue groups and tax classes.

We explored a lot of solutions here, including creating lines for each revenue group and tax class, but settled on creating separate lines for each tax class for simplicity after checking with our customers. Where all items in a deal line contain the same revenue group, we use that for posting; otherwise, we use the default revenue groups in System Preferences.

I’ve made this much clearer in our guides, see: Create an invoice from a deal priced opportunity

We’ll keep watch on this idea to see what people’s thoughts are.

3. Add an availability Column in the "Order View"

I'd like a column in the "Order View" which simply states how many more of an item (+ve or -ve) is available over the dates of the opportunity.

This is a really useful tool when quickly quoting hires, informing job owners/planners how amending quantities within an opportunity will impact the job. It would also increase the value of the 'red line' function; allowing us to quickly see the quantity of the shortfall.

For example, I'd like to look at a list with some 55" comfort monitors, stands and 50m SDI cables and be able to see (when the client adds…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a role setting to restrict viewing by stage (quote, order, etc.)

It would be nice to have a setting to restrict what opportunities a role can see based on the current stage.

For example:
    Warehouse user to be able to view only opportunities are have been converted to "order" without needing to add them to the opportunity every time the quote is converted to order.

Warehouse has no need to see inquiries, drafts, or quotes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include product link in the picker

In the picker, the product should have the link so if you are unsure of an item, you could right click and open in the tab/window to check you are booking what you actually want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enlarge product picture in picker

Would be good if the product picture enlarges in the picker when you hover the mouse over the item so you can see it better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the delete button on items that have been booked out.

Once the item has been booked out remove the delete button so that the only way the item can be reallocated into stock would be if it was checked in.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Service as Accessory

We offer package deals to clients that include kit and crew as part of an all in price. It would simplify this if a Service could be added as an Accessory to a Product, such as adding an Audio Engineer to a PA hire package.

Thanks!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Services and crewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Day as leading period instead of weeks

I believe it's an holdover from inspHire, but Current RMS has rental rates leading with weeks instead of days and I can't figure out why.

So if you have an item with a day rate of $100 and a week rate of $220, you have to set:

Day Rate: 45.4545%
    Week Rate: 100%
    And all the prices on Current show as week rates, and then you have to use the mental workload of thinking "That's just the week rate not the day rate".

If there was a charging setup that had Days leading, it would be a lot simpler on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Rental rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interested to hear what our community make of this idea – a lot of folk we speak with do work in full weeks, but we’re open to feedback here! 😃

Current RMS has a completely separate codebase to inspHire and the rates included were based on conversations with customers in our core industries.

10. In detail view, when scanning barcodes allow to book out without firstly having to allocate

Looking at the screenshot below, we only stock one of these particular shoulder rigs and each piece is added as a separate product with it's own barcode. All these components have been added as accessories, so by the time I get to the detail view, the specific components are in essence already allocated.

It would therefore be a huge time saver to not have to allocate these again when scanning and be able to book them out straight away, as the allocation at this stage only doubles the workload for us. If there only exists one of each item, why…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update chargeable days when changing start/end date

The Chargeable Days doesn't change when you go back to edit the Charging Start/End Dates. Could it be updated, so the days charged updates when you change the end date?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stock transaction approval document

Approval for transfering item from a store to another store

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Edit Oppotunity Item 'Update and Next' Button

Can an additional button be included on the 'Editing Opportunity Items' page which updates the current item then moves to editing of the next item in the opportunity - similar to 'Create and Add Another' when adding an opportunity item, but for when editing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to use Custom Fields in more than one module?

We have a few new custom fields that it would be helpful to see from multiple modules (and especially for the ease of data entry from a single page). Particularly between Opportunities and Contacts and Venues. thx!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Advanced opportunities within projects

So, I think it would be fantastic to have a greater element of control over how Opportunities are managed within Projects.

Firstly, enable a checkbox system to be able select multiple/all Opportunities within a Project. From here the ability to:

-convert multiple Opportunities forwards or backwards
    -delete multiple Opportunities at once
    -mark multiple Opportunities as live or dead
    -generate a quote based on selected Opportunities
    -move an Opportunity up or down in the order, that is then reflected in its positioning on quotes, etc.

And with this, the ability for a Project to act as an Opportunity. That is to…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Free Scan Allowed Based on Item and Role

I would like to be able to enable/disable Free Scan capabilities on a per item basis based off of Role when entering the new product in the database. Currently we allow our technicians to Free Scan cables out to a job as needed, but would rather them not Free Scan other items to a job where it then immediately is added to the bill. This would allow one account to be able to Free Scan everything while a more limited account may only be able to Free Scan certain cables for instance. In addition, once items are Free Scanned it…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integration with Quickbooks Desktop

Having integration with Quickbooks Desktop would be extremely helpful, especially for invoicing and inventory management. Many companies utilize the desktop version because it has features they need that aren't available with the online versions.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set a supplier against sales items

I am able to put in supplier costs for products that are sale only, but when I drop that product into an opportunity there's no option to set a supplier. Please let us be able to do this to track costs!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have Discussions show the full email chain

I can see all the correspondence just fine but when our clients get an email from Current, they can only see the most recent message. Would be good to show the full correspondence of that conversation to our clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now include a little toggle so you can see the full thread in Current RMS ✉️

We don’t show a full thread in emails just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on customer feedback here to see if it’s something that folks are keen on.

20. Queue quantity of product for write off and scan assets

Our company sometimes writes off/sends out for recycling large amounts of laptops or other serialized assets. Right now having to scan in the serial number, find the item and then click through to a stock transfer can be a very time consuming a brutal process. What would be amazing is if I could 'queue' say 50 laptops for write off and then could put in a 'note' which then would let me scan through 50 serial numbers and it would add these stock transactions as I scan.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base