Customer Wishlist

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option for the itemised prices on rental agreement to include VAT

Please allow a setting for itemised prices on a rental agreement to be inclusive of VAT and surcharges so customers can see how the price will be affected overall by adding or removing items. 80% of our customers cannot claim back VAT and so this is better for them than the current layout f VAT being calculated at the bottom.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Document layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Job Planner Mouse Over Scheduler Times/Dates

It would be very helpful to have the ability to mouse over a particular opportunity on the planner and have a bubble pop up that shows all of the dates/times from the scheduler.

At least make it an option to turn on and off with a slider at the top or something.

We sometimes have dates/times that overlap and throw the jobs into a red status for gear when it is a matter of a 30 minute overlap on the times.

If we could see this info on the planner we could quickly identify the offending dates/times and make adjustments…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Job Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See only products that have stock levels in the chosen store

when i change my store, i would love to see just the items in this sore. not all items in my company. it would makes it easy to see quickly whats in the store.
    My background for this is that i use the stores like storage places for my different bands to see whats in their equipment storage for a tour/longterm use (even if its not booked at the moment but stays there for having it available if needed)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show availability of kits and packages on the calendar

I like the new (purple) availability of kits & packages in the picker. It would be very handy if this could also show in the product calendar.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to attach product documents to a discussion

It would be so helpful if you had the option to select and attach attachments that are stored on a product to discussions on opportunities that feature that product.

In our scenario as a scenery hire company, we have set plans and photos stored against the set as a product. When quoting on this set, we have to download these plans and photos and manually attach them to the discussion, which is an absolute pain when quoting from your phone on the go. A area in the discussion page that showed these attachments and gave the option of selecting them…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conversations Add Button

Change the wording of the Add button in discussions to Send or Post.

It's frustrating as the attachment button is on the right hand side next to Add button and these are easily mixed up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Opportunity cost report but for revenue

The Opportunity Costs report is great, and it would be equally great to be able to do the same thing for revenue (ie export and sort by category, opportunity, etc)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Accessories by store

Different default/mandatory/optional accessories for each store

Add store field to accessories
    Accessory rules with a blank store behave like normal
    Accessory rules with a non blank store activate only when equal to the opportunity store

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Product “power usage” field

It would be grat if we have option that allow us to set power usage per product and have calculated it in opportunity.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to post a suggestion.

Out of the box, we provide a bunch of core fields that rental businesses across industries should find useful. If you’d like to add other fields, use custom fields.

Custom fields let you add your own text boxes, tick boxes, date pickers, and other fields to screens in Current.

Learn more: Store additional data using custom fields

Custom fields can be added to documents and we can perform math operations on fields that are numbers, such as totalling them.

Handy with HTML? Check out: Use custom fields on document layouts. If not, no problem — contact us at help@current-rms.com and we’ll be happy to help.

10. Allow location for Bulk stock items.

There's no reason why bulk stock shouldn't have a location. It gets stored on a shelf just like everything else.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Document layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to post. You may set a location for bulk stock levels in Current. This is shown in our web interface as a handy reference.

I checked with our Customer Success team for a little context on this suggestion and it sounds like you’d like the bulk stock level location printed on your barcodes.

For bulk stock products, one barcode label is generated that you can scan to allocate, prep, book out, and check-in any quantity of that product.

This barcode label applies to all stock levels of that particular product. If you have a stock level for each store, it’s not clear which stock level’s location we should pull through to a label. For this reason, it’s not something we can add to labels for bulk stock products just yet.

We’ll keep an idea on this idea to see if we need to make…

11. Can we create a Cubic Metre calculator (From the existing dimensions in Products)

Can we create a Cubic Metre calculator (From the existing dimensions in Products- ) that would assist in knowing how many trucks to assign/quote for the Job.
    Currently you have a category for weight, could we add a Cubic Weight

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to manage tags centrally for the whole system

A central way to manage the tags we have in the system, so we can add, edit, delete and merge similar tags to maintain a clean set of meaningful tags. A common function of any system that incorporates a tags function.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open source languages and currencies

It would be nice if the software has an open source for the languages. So user can translate your software.

Even better would it be that users can share and rate each translate made by users.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow an option to have dates to be displayed using slashes (12/11/2018). Or words (Dec. 11th, 2018)

Currently, Current displays dates using "dashes" (12-11-2018). It would be great to have an option in settings to allow dates to be displayed using slashes (12/11/2018). OR maybe with words (Dec. 11th, 2018)? Dashes are often used to notate a "range" of dates, so it can look confusing when displaying a date range.

e.g. 12/01/2018-12/11/2018 vs. 12-01-2018-12-11-2018

It's much cleaner and easier to read on documents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Larger check boxes in the detail view

Make the check boxes in the detail view larger. It's a very small check box currently and it is time consuming to hover over the tiny box

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Map sale items in Current to stocked products in Quickbooks

Occasionally we sell items as part of a rental or an installation, batteries for example. When we buy these items in from suppliers, the bill is recorded in Quickbooks and the items available for sale are entered as stock products. The problem comes when an invoice is generated in Current, and then posted to Quickbooks. Unless you manually update the invoice in Quickbooks the the stock level shown in Quickbooks doesn't change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Auto scrolling the delivery and return timebar in the dashboard.

a little future wish:
    the timebar on the dashboard is nice, would it be nicer when it shows a red line at the actual time and lets say 2h-3h before and the rest of the bar is the future of the day like a lookahead and all the timebar is moving with the actual time, so the red bar stays at one position.
    (right now we need to scroll for entries after 6pm)

And it will be handy to see the customer pickups and returns too...
    It's enough space for two more lines in there. ;-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a button to "Create discussion from services sheet"

End goal: I want to kickstart a group email discussion that includes all of a show's crew members.

Recommend a button or link that will start a new discussion and automatically add every email that appears on a Services Sheet to the discussion. Right now you have to add everyone as a Participant one-by-one, and it's tedious and error-prone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deposits

A nice idea would be adding a deposit option to certain invoices so it would show up at the bottom of the invoice near the balance total! At the moment I am sending invoices over to clients then having to email them separatley to notify them of their deposit total.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A way to create a container that will pick from serialized items that are available

The whole idea is to have ex 6 small lights serialized so they CAN be rented out as a single. but i want to have 3 as a kit (container) that does not lock specific lights to the container but picks the free ones.
    if i have a container that needs 3 lamps and one container that needs 2 lamps: of the 6 lamps, 4 of them are not available and already rented, i need a kit of 3 lamps. then the container picks the 2 available and informs me that i need 1 more for a full kit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base