Customer Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically check in a barcoded item on the opportunity is currently scanned out on when it is checked out on another

We regularly cross scan from one job to another, and at the moment, it is possible to check out serialised items on more than one opportunity. At present, you have to scan the item to check it in on one opportunity before you can scan it on another, if you want to accurately keep track of assets.

What would be really useful is if I have a case of cable for example that has returned from one job and I wish to check it out on another, as I scan it out on the new job, it is automatically checked…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We updated the servers with a new option in System Preferences called “Auto Return Serialized Rental Stock”. When enabled, serialized gear on prior opportunities is checked-in and finalized automatically when allocated onto new jobs.

2. Sound effect on successful scan

When I scan an items barcode for prep, if I'm not at the laptop, It would be handy to have a sound effect play to indicate whether the item has been successfully added or not.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a back button from quarantine to the product you were dealing with.

When putting a product into quarantine there is no back button to go back to the product

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Quarantine and servicing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Availability of a parent item in picker reflects component availability / creating packages

It would be lifesaver for any tent rental company for availability in the picker to reflect a total based off the amount of mandatory components are available. We have tent poles, stakes, tops etc that are used on multiple items so when one gets rented I need it to pull the components to the other tents out of inventory so we don't over book.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Translations / Extra language

Dear, Is there any possibility to make the products in two or three languages? I have client in French or Dutch, but they don't understand the second language.
    Same question for the templates (offer/invoices) : is there any possibility to easily choose between a French offer template and a Dutch one for example.
    I read you were considering the translations in 2015.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All of the document layouts that come with Current RMS are fully customizable, including the wording. Clone a document layout in System Setup > Document Layouts to get access to the HTML for it – translate any labels here.

We offer a free service to modify layouts if you’re not comfortable editing HTML. Simply provide us with translations and we’ll can look to modify your documents.

For products names in different languages, custom fields would work perfectly. With custom fields, you could create additional product name fields on your product page. We can then pull these through to your document layouts.

We’re happy to help with any of this. Contact us at help@current-rms.com with any questions.

6. Add existing opportunity to project from project screen

When I've created a Project, it would be great to have the option to "add existing opportunity" to the list of opportunities, with a search box (like the find by asset) that pops up and allows you to search.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow attachments to stock levels

We hire equipment that has item specific documents (for example calibration certificates and rigging test certificates). I would like to attach them to the specific stock item. Even better if copies of all certificates relevant to an order could be gathered and sent to the client in one operation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Default Start Time For Contract

I would like the ability to set a default start time for the opportunity. 8am is rather arbitrary and not practical when we turn much of inventory overnight, it isn't ready by 8am. Also, our winter hours don't even have us open until 9am so we have to change every contract. Can it be part of a rate definition?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatic costing - Costs Me - Costs Client

So, In the opportunity page it would be great if items could automatically fill in there direct costs to me within the cost column, instead of having to fill it in automatically. This feature would mainly be for events and hire companies although I'm sure it would have uses in other areas with a bit of simple tweaking, but for now here is an example of how I want it to work for my company.

If I created a sale item within my resources called "Black Expo Cord Carpet" and set it up to cost me £2.35 per square meter.…

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto update rate quantity when editing service dates

When changing crewing dates currently the 'Rate Quantity' remains with the quantity from the previous dates, so if you enter a longer period the 'Rate Quantity' remains as the old quantity. Auto updating this field would make it less prone to errors, or having an option to auto update this field....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Picking List Totals

It would be helpful if there were totals for items in the picking list. For example, we will usually have a few different rooms (groups) in each order. There are usually the same items in multiple groups. When you goto the picking list to start pulling gear you have to scan the entire list, sometimes 4-5 pages with 5 different rooms (groups) to see how many of a single item actually needs to be pulled for that event. To have a picking list that shows the actual total of all groups when it is the same item would be extremely…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Document layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All of the document layouts that come with Current RMS are fully customizable. We can modify your picking list so that it consolidates like products across your opportunity, totalling the number of the same products for this order.

I’ve contacted anyone who voted on this idea personally about setting that up :). Contact help@current-rms.com if you’re interested in a consolidated picking list.

13. Toggle invoice status when voiding invoice

When you void an invoice, RMS doesn't currently set the invoice status back to NO automatically.
    Whilst this is easy enough to change by editing the opportunity manually, it's another step to remember if you then want to invoice the opportunity again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Run a sub-rent report including text items

I can only run a sub-rent report for items I have created in Current but sometimes we sub-rent one off items so do see the need to create them in the system. If we allocate the text item to an existing supplier why dont they come up on the report? Also, it would be great to include the actual cost of the sub-rent in the report.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Re-order Scan Priority from order of item added to opportunity to position in list.

Currently when you scan an item for Allocation or Prep via a barcode scanner it will pick the item to affect based on when it was added to the job. (Going from first item added to last).
    I think it would be much more useful if it selected the item based on its position in the order. So it would affect items at the top of the page first.
    This would help with tracking progress when prepping, and the order of items prepped can be controlled and edited.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show availability in “add opportunity item” window

When I go to add an opportunity item to an order I'd like a box that populates to show how many I have available for this time window.

Example
    So when adding cable I can see that I only have (5) 10' XLR3 available before I hit the [ADD] button without having to get an orange notification or pulling up the calendar on another screen. This way I can automatically adjust my counts, only book the (5) available and book more 10' XLR3.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clone venues

I have several locations that have multiple 'studios' so entering details is time consuming. Same way other info can be cloned it would be useful if this worked for venues.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People & Organizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Invoice terms by organization

We need to be able to set different terms for invoicing on an 'Organisation' basis as opposed to a system wide basis

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now you can set invoice payment terms per organization. Edit an organization to choose terms for them. It defaults to “use system terms,” which you can set in System Preferences.

Remember that when an organization is a cash customer, payment terms are automatically set to none and invoices are due immediately.

19. Allow creation of custom views OR allow advanced queries

Current RMS API doesn't allow advanced queries. Custom Views are, in some sense, advanced queries, but it's not possible to create these with API. So, I would like to have either -
    possibility to use advanced queries (with parameters set the same way as in custom view)
    or possibility to create custom view via API (I'm building service integrated with current RMS and it won't be user friendly to ask user create custom views manually)
    or both

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give "part checked in" its own slot on detailed view

When sorting the detail view by Status "checked in" and "part checked in" get lumped together. Would it be possible to separate them out?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base