Customer Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set a discussion template as default for replies

Allow more than one discussion template to be used at a time.
    When we send out a new quote or invoice and start a new discussion, it automatically uses our saved and releveant template, (i.e. Quote Template). This is great but when clients respond or post comments in the discussion, we'd like a secondary template to be used with our responses, something like our email signature. Instead, it continues to use the same template that's applied to the discussion so all we are doing is deleting everything from the template first before we type a response to our client, it…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort order for discussion tempates

We LOVE discussion templates however we have so many and it would be nice to be able to sort them like all other templates in current. Its hard to read a list of 20 templates from a drop down menu in a random order...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to attach product documents to a discussion

It would be so helpful if you had the option to select and attach attachments that are stored on a product to discussions on opportunities that feature that product.

In our scenario as a scenery hire company, we have set plans and photos stored against the set as a product. When quoting on this set, we have to download these plans and photos and manually attach them to the discussion, which is an absolute pain when quoting from your phone on the go. A area in the discussion page that showed these attachments and gave the option of selecting them…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Conversations Add Button

Change the wording of the Add button in discussions to Send or Post.

It's frustrating as the attachment button is on the right hand side next to Add button and these are easily mixed up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a button to "Create discussion from services sheet"

End goal: I want to kickstart a group email discussion that includes all of a show's crew members.

Recommend a button or link that will start a new discussion and automatically add every email that appears on a Services Sheet to the discussion. Right now you have to add everyone as a Participant one-by-one, and it's tedious and error-prone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add all of an organisation’s contacts to a discussion

When you start a discussion it defaults to only showing one email address from the organization. Even though you may have many linked contacts in that organization that also need to receive this information. Currently you have to enter contacts manually.

I propose we have an "add all linked contacts" button to save time looking them all up and removing the people not required is quicker then adding them in.

This will also allow you to create "organisations" to use as mailing lists by adding the organisation "Show Name - Setup Crew" and clicking the Add linked contacts button it…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Link a discussion to an opportunity

Each discussion will be for a specific subject and more likely than not it will be for an opportunity - as a current running and future project.

At the moment we can add to the discussion: users, contacts, organisation, vehicle and venue; my suggestion is to be able to add an opportunity (*which to create a link, an interactive notification on the opportunity tab itself - when you open the opportunity to see that there is a discussion for it).

If we use the opportunity number as a subject for the discussion; while working on an opportunity and we have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have Discussions show the full email chain

I can see all the correspondence just fine but when our clients get an email from Current, they can only see the most recent message. Would be good to show the full correspondence of that conversation to our clients.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We now include a little toggle so you can see the full thread in Current RMS ✉️

We don’t show a full thread in emails just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on customer feedback here to see if it’s something that folks are keen on.

9. Add an "Attachment" button to Discussion Templates

It would be great to have the option to add attachments to discussion templates.

Personally, I usually need to send new clients multiple forms to fill out in order to proceed with a rental order. It would be handy to have the option of attaching the forms to the template so that I can simply click on the appropriate template and send the forms in the rental quote discussion.

:]

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link document layouts to discussion templates

It would be very useful to link a document layout to a discussion template.

For example, when I print a quotation report, I then click “create discussion” I would then be taken straight to the quotation discussion template

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Choose which contacts email address you want to send a discussion to

If a person as a home and work email have the ability to choose which one it is sent too

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Out of the office message

Hi all,

the holiday season is getting closer and I was looking for an out of the office option or direct message to clients but couldn't find one.
    It would be great to have it, to notify the clients.

Regards

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automated emails

I would be good if we could have auto emails in current so my clients could get an update say 1 month before the event just with a confirmation document the same again 1 week before etc.

Would love to see a custom email section where we can input what ever we want & have a setting on there to send it automatically so many days before the event etc?

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Instantly add an opportunities 'participants' to a new discussion

A simple one really. It would be handy if I was able to start a new discussion in an opportunity and all the 'participants' in that opportunity were instantly added to the list of participants to be included in the new discussion (similar i suppose to the 'reply all' option offered by most email providers). It would be much quicker to delete those you wish not to involve than it would be to manually add each individually, especially if there are to be many recipients. This would also encourage users to add new contacts, etc, to the opportunity's list of…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit the sender name in discussions

When I send an e-mail to an Organisation thru Disussions my e-mail is shown in this format: FirstName LastName (Current). I would like the possibillity to change this to: FirstName LastName (MyOraganisation) in order to make it clear for the receiver that the e-mail is comming from MyOrganisation and not from Current. They expect e-mail form MyOrganisation and may never have heard of Current,

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Send discussion emails through own email server

Ability To Email PDF Quote Through Own Email Servers

285 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just a quick update on this one to say thanks for all the votes and comments – we’re watching this one closely.

Keep in mind that you can use the “Discussion email address” on an opportunity to CC or BCC messages into the Discussions section of an opportunity. This is great if you’d like to send correspondence from your existing email app but wish to record a copy in Current for your reference. You’ll find a link to the email address under Actions.

17. Create a document library for use with Opportunities / multiple attachments automatically added

so I can upload standard documents (T&C's, instruction manuals, for examples) and either insert them into the Opportunity as an item (no values, just Name, and Description text) that contains a hyperlink, or Add to a Discussion thread.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discussion templates able to be ordered in the list

Discussion templates are ordered by default from the date they are adding, would be good to be able to change this order or select the ones you want to be able to see per user

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an urgent/high priority flag to discussions

Add an urgent/high priority flag to discussions, and/or posts in discussions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simplify the discussion email template

Getting a few unhappy customers with the discussion template looking quite over complicated and repetitive, cluttering up the dialogue. Ive attached a screenshot and I have to agree with them. Keen to hear if this can be super simplified.

[Admin note: Screenshot removed to protect customer privacy]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting feedback here – keen to hear what folks would like to change in particular.

The Current RMS application sends thousands of discussion emails per day on behalf of all of our customers. We’ve a really good reputation as a trusted sender, which makes sure that emails sent from us hit your customers’ inboxes.

To protect our trusted sender reputation, we must provide tools in emails sent from Current to let people know where the email came from and how they can stop receiving further emails. We include some text at the bottom of the email in gray to do just this.

You can customize the rest of the message in System Setup > Discussion Templates to add your own branding, like your signature or standard text.

See: Customize and brand email templates used for discussions

You can even get advanced with HTML & CSS to create highly bespoke templates…

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base