Customer Wishlist

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free scan groups similar items

Currently, when using free scan to assign items to a job, it lists individual items that are serialized instead of grouping quantities.

For example, I have 8 lights, when I adding those 8 lights to the job via picker, they will add as a group with a quantity of 8. However, when I add them on free scan, 8 individual items appear.

This is no use when quickly pulling stuff off shelves and assigning it to a job as it makes the documents very cluttered and harder to read.

So if Free Scan grouped similar items the same way the…

17 votes
    vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allocate serialized components without allocating serialized container

It would be great if you could control individual assets even if they are attached to a container.

For example;
      I have 5 microphones in a box where the box is the container. When I allocate the box the Mics also allocated. Which is great.

However, this means if, on a different job, I only want two of those microphones, I cannot individually allocate them as they are attached to a parent container.

It would be great if items can be individually added to a job, even when they are in a container and the rest of the items are…

10 votes
      vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • See only products that have stock levels in the chosen store

when i change my store, i would love to see just the items in this sore. not all items in my company. it would makes it easy to see quickly whats in the store.
        My background for this is that i use the stores like storage places for my different bands to see whats in their equipment storage for a tour/longterm use (even if its not booked at the moment but stays there for having it available if needed)

3 votes
        vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • In detail view, when scanning barcodes allow to book out without firstly having to allocate

Looking at the screenshot below, we only stock one of these particular shoulder rigs and each piece is added as a separate product with it's own barcode. All these components have been added as accessories, so by the time I get to the detail view, the specific components are in essence already allocated.

It would therefore be a huge time saver to not have to allocate these again when scanning and be able to book them out straight away, as the allocation at this stage only doubles the workload for us. If there only exists one of each item, why…

4 votes
          vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Show group weights in the group heading

It would be useful to show total group weights in the group headings.

ie Job X has 7 different areas booked as groups. Van A is delivering 4 areas, Van B is delivering 3. I want to be sure that areas 1 - 4 and 5 - 7 are not overweight for the vans. Currently I can see that the whole job is heavy, but not what the groups individually total.

1 vote
            vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Partially book out

I would like to be able to “Partially book out” Items, similar to checking in. There are many times when an order might partially go out ahead of the remaining items. Currently, you have to make two different line items for the same item, which doesn’t make sense.

6 votes
              vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • When click on action, always reload page at same place

In detail view when you click action, currently it always goes to top of page so you then have to scroll back to where you were. So would be good if it could reload the page in the same place from where you were before.

1 vote
                vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Add a comments section for finalising jobs

A comments box when in finalising job option would be useful, specifically so that whoever finalises could initial and add any relevant info, damaged/ missing kit or general comments on the project for reference.

4 votes
                  vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Allow for planned transfers between opportunities

For example.

We own twenty lights

Ten lights are on job A. Job A ends on Monday, de-rigs on Tuesday and is back to the warehouse on Wednesday.

All twenty lights are needed for Job B. Job B rigs on Tuesday...

What we do in real life is this, the warehouse preps the ten remaining lights and sends them to site on Tuesday. We also get a courier or technician to transport the ten lights from Job A to the New Job at B...

Current shows this as a BIG CLASH and for the whole of tuesday and wednesday we…

621 votes
                    vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      80 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Custom sounds on different scan results

Currently one sounds plays when there is a successful scan and another broken glass sound plays when there is an unsuccessful scan, but this could be for a number of different reasons. Sometimes when scanning a large number of items in it can be easy to loose track of what has been scanned. It would be great to be able to allocate custom sounds to various scan results. For example an item that has already been scanned into an opportunity would have a different sound from an item that is not in the booking and it would save having to…

47 votes
                      vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We updated the servers this morning with the option to choose a sound scheme for your user account, helping you to differentiate between scans in busy warehouses. You can choose your scheme on the detail view:

As always, thanks for taking the time to vote and comment. Different scan noises for different scan results would be a little trickier to implement, so we’ll keep an eye on feedback around this idea for the moment :)

• Book out container

So you've got a Cable Trunk that is barcoded CT001

You assign that as the container as you scan all the cables in to it.

When it comes to 'Book Out' I have to rescan all those cables...what a pain!

I'd like to just scan the case barcode and everything in that container is scanned out of the warehouse.

112 votes
                        vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          13 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Review check in/out behaviour of serialised containers

When booking out/checking in a serialised container (amp rack, kit etc.), all serialised components are checked automatically, without popping up a list of the items being automatically checked in/out. To an *extent* this is the whole point of serialised containers, I understand. In the case of an amp-rack with all serialised components bolted into place, this behaviour presents minimal risk.

However, if you have a kit of loose serialised items in a case, some of those items may have "walked" during a rental, and when checking in/out, there is no prompt for the operator to check presence of the constituents.…

15 votes
                          vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            6 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Complete By Item rather than by Job

At the moment Current requires we scan a product into the building ("Check-In")

Then everything gets de-prepped and tested on the bench before having to be returned to stock altogether ("Completed")

Check In ---> Complete

Our issue is that jobs are often de-prepped piecemeal rather than altogether, usually for reasons of demand and Prep really needs to know exactly where a piece of kit is and how far through the system it is.

I would like to see a system that meant we could complete each item individually rather than being forced to do it by job.

Check In Item…

204 votes
                            vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              11 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, we’re keeping an eye on the number of votes :)

I understand that this idea is about allowing you to complete (finalize check-in) items individually once they’ve been checked-in, but just to clarify for anyone who might not know:

When you finalize check-in, everything with the status ‘Checked in’ is marked as ‘Completed’ and will be returned to availability or moved to the quarantine based on the “Return at” date you specify on the finalize check-in screen (plus any post-rent unavailability on the product).

To have some items return to availability before others, you can check-in just the items you want to return and then finalize check-in. Choose the date you’d like them to return at on the finalize check-in screen. Any items that are still reserved, allocated, prepped, or booked out will remain on rent on that opportunity.

• Part prep bulk items

I think it would be of use to be able to say I have prepped 10 out of 25 cables listed rather than have to leave this blank and rely on memory / communication / notes and scribbles.

53 votes
                              vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • RFID chips

Will there be an option to use rfid chips with the software soon?

33 votes
                                vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  9 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

RFID is essentially a contactless bar code. While we’ve not tested any RFID readers with Current, you can use the system with most readers that operate as “keyboard wedges”. Provided the RFID reader takes an asset number from the RFID tag and translates that into key strokes, it should work with Current RMS.

You can test this in the Opportunity Detail View when allocating assets. Some RFID tags may be able to store additional information that can be written to — this will not be accessible in Current RMS.

• Warehouse mode

We have a busy office, and a busy warehouse. It would be great for the warehouse team to be "sent" jobs that can be marked within the system as "ready to prep". Ideally they would see a full screen version of the detailed resource view, this would enable them to prep items quickly by glancing at the screen to see what needed prepping, the scanning items directly into the system.
                                  The warehouse doesn't need to be picking their way through lists of activities and discussions to find their way to the "kit list".

185 votes
                                  vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to vote and comment here, we appreciate the feedback :)

Just a quick update: we’ve added some new role options that you might find useful. You can now choose which functions on the opportunity detail view your team members can access, meaning your warehouse team won’t need permission to edit an opportunity to prep kit.

Creating a custom view in Opportunities is a great way of getting a list of jobs for the warehouse team. Use the “waiting for prep” filter to include jobs that need your team’s attention.

To get started, see: Custom views. Need a hand setting this up? Contact us at help@current-rms.com and we’ll be happy to help.

• Temporary Serialised Containers

It would be good if there were a way set a serialized container on the way back in from a job then that container goes back into stock and can just be rolled out the door and booked out

For exmaple:

We have double cases for large format screens, if we send
                                    Asset 1 and 2 in Case 1
                                    Asset 3 and 4 in Case 2

But when it comes back off a job
                                    Asset 1 and 3 in Case 1
                                    Asset 2 and 4 in Case 2

If I could tell current that those screens have moved cases, easily,…

9 votes
                                    vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Put a reverse button for moved items

When you move items to a new opportunity as they've been left behind, or the client has kept them longer etc, it would be really beneficial to be able to move those items back to the original opportunity. I have a situation where i mistakingly moved the services to a new opportunity and now i cannot invoice my job as i'm unable to move them back to the original. I'm also unable to delete them to be able to re add them.

I think a reverse button would be really helpful.
                                      Thanks

1 vote
                                      vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Put a reverse button for moved items

When you move items to a new opportunity as they've been left behind, or the client has kept them longer etc, it would be really beneficial to be able to move those items back to the original opportunity. I have a situation where i mistakingly moved the services to a new opportunity and now i cannot invoice my job as i'm unable to move them back to the original. I'm also unable to delete them to be able to re add them.

I think a reverse button would be really helpful.
                                        Thanks

1 vote
                                        vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Set "Freescan" to on as default

Set "Freescan" to on as default

1 vote
                                          vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base