Customer Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manual invoice numbers

We Invoice Through Sage, as most of our work is currently service based, and we find it clunky/difficult to invoice through Current for services.
    However, the problem we have is that because not every job we do requires a quote, there's a lot of work we don't put on Current because we simply don't need to. But when we need to invoice for some dry hire equipment for example, we would find the process much easier to invoice through current if we could manually add invoice numbers at the invoice stage, allowing us to follow our sequential sage invoice numbering…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change invoice due dates when not manual invoice

When making an invoice out of an opportunity (not when manually creating), the due date is automatically assigned. The invoice due date should show in the box that pops up as it is very easy to miss or forget to modify.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to have a negative line item

I want to be able to capture discounts to my customers. I currently do this in quickbooks with an item called "customer discount" that is just a normal item. Quickbooks allows for items to be negative. So I'd like current to allow for a "revenue group" to be a negative number. Right now it has to be above 0. If a negative number was allowed. I create multiple discount items in a revenue group, that would then transfer over to a mapped item in quickbooks. I'm not sure how hard it is to just allow for negative numbers?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fantastic news – this is something that you can do in Current RMS now.

You can enter negative prices for sales items, great for deducting fixed amounts. Post your invoice to QuickBooks Online as normal.

Remember to select a sale item or set your text item type to “sale”.

4. Allow attachments created when building the job to still be attached to the job when invoices are issued

Can you allow attachments created when building the job to still be attached to the job when Invoices are issued

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a way of inputting the date an invoice was paid

Maybe when you click 'mark as paid' it could ask for the date. For me it would help tie up loose ends with when things were paid etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Toggle invoice status when voiding invoice

When you void an invoice, RMS doesn't currently set the invoice status back to NO automatically.
    Whilst this is easy enough to change by editing the opportunity manually, it's another step to remember if you then want to invoice the opportunity again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Invoice terms by organization

We need to be able to set different terms for invoicing on an 'Organisation' basis as opposed to a system wide basis

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now you can set invoice payment terms per organization. Edit an organization to choose terms for them. It defaults to “use system terms,” which you can set in System Preferences.

Remember that when an organization is a cash customer, payment terms are automatically set to none and invoices are due immediately.

8. Record payments and deposits against invoices

Ability to add deposit payments and account for part payments made to opportunities

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Payments and choose Payment Methods / Type - within Current-RMS

Ability to choose a payment method, ie cash, card, BACs, PayPal etc within Current-RMS and this to sync to Xero and mark invoice as paid.

Sync = > date > payment method > = Xero

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xero integration / cash customer payments

I'm not sure if this will change with the upcoming integration with Xero, but what would be ideal is either a 'Pay with Xero now' button, where it pushes the invoice to Xero and automatically opens up the approved yet unpaid invoice in Xero in a separate browser tab, ready to enter in the customer's payment.

Or a way to do something similar directly in Current RMS.

I'm not sure at the moment how to handle customers who need to pay on pickup.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base