Customer Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a toggle that allows auto costs to follow chargeable days.

We often use the 'chargeable days' feature to adjust the number of day rates clients are charged for equipment, but auto costing follows the opportunity dates, so we are constantly having to adjust cost days by hand. I'd love the ability to have the costs module follow the chargeable days by default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to post this. This is feedback we’ve received pretty consistently since we launched automatic costing, so we’re pleased to let you know we’ve made some changes:

• When an opportunity has chargeable days turned on, we now set sub-rent cost chargeable days using the corresponding opportunity item chargeable days.
    • We’ll only change sub-rent cost chargeable days when the cost chargeable days matches the original item chargeable days, so that manually adjusted days are preserved.
    • When an opportunity has chargeable days turned off and pricing is locked, if you change the opportunity start or end dates then we won’t update the sub-rent cost chargeable days.
    • When an opportunity has chargeable days turned off and you’ve made changes to a sub-rent cost chargeable days, if you change the opportunity start and end date then we won’t update the sub-rent cost chargeable days.

When sub-rent cost chargeable days are…

2. Highlight numbers when editing opportunity items

In a lot of web/desktop software, when you click on the cost of a unit price or discount percentage to edit it, the software will automatically highlight the text of that field. This means that you can overwrite the cost of the item just by typing in the new value.

With Current RMS you have to backspace out the values which gets a bit tedious when you have a lot of ad-hoc discounts to apply.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adjust the charge total to discount on the total price / 'do a deal' button

Some of our clients like to see a round off number eg. $3300 incl Tax. At the moment we have guess the magic number to get us to our right figure. it would be great if we can edit the total price, which in return will adjust ONLY the Available rental stock with the correct percentage as the discount. Discount should not apply to Labour, Transport and sub hired or non available items.

355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Ease files as a file type option for attachments.

Ease lets you map out what a room will sound like before you ever set foot in the room. I would like to share the .fc3 files that are generated by Ease so the techs know where speakers need to go and how the room is going to sound before they ever get on site.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Put the customer's telephone number on the front page of each opportunity

Every day we have to click through to customer's records maybe dozens of times to see their phone number. It seems to me the only piece of blindingly obvious piece of information that's missing from the front page of an opportunity. I feel like it could easily be right next to the customers name under the title of the opportunity (see attached pic) and it would save us time every day:
    - In the planning of a job, we often have to call a client multiple times to arrange details.
    - A few days before the job, we plan our…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. QR code per job

It would be so super super helpful if we could be assigned a QR code per job on a returns label along with our address.

123 lane
    town
    city
    postcode

QR CODE

it would be super helpful to have this available so that when customers send back small items in the post they could print out the label attach it to the parcel and then when it arrives back to us all we would need to do is scan the code and it will bring up straight away the job it is related too!

- there is a similar function…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide cancelation reason when canceling opportunities

When marking opportunities as lost or dead a drop down menu would be helpful so that a reason can be given. This will help the sales manager collect the data without having to ask each member of the team.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Internal descriptions or notes for opportunity items

I often want to put a description on an item in an opportunity for our staff to see but not the customer. I think there should be an internal description and an external description for each item, much like the internal and external description fields for the opportunity itself. And it would be great for these internal descriptions to be able to be seen with each item in order view and detail view. These notes can be key for my warehouse guys and my labor in the field, but are not relevant to the customer and should not show up…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

A custom field against the opportunity item would be perfect for this. You could call the field “Internal Description” and you’d be able to access it by editing the opportunity item.

Custom fields don’t show up in the order view, but they can be pulled through to document layouts, so you could have this displayed on internal documents for your team.

If you’re interested, email us at help@current-rms.com and we’ll be happy to chat to you about customizing your picking list.

9. “Collapse / expand all groups” with Opportunity page

I suggest there i a feature added whereby you can collapse or expand all the individual product groups within an opportunity page view.

This would be particularly useful when using current on a mobile device whereby instead of the current default which is for all individual groups to be fully expanded (meaning scrolling to the bottom to see stats eg total etc takes a long time) the groups are collapsed but can be expanded individually or altogether and the click of a button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Default Start Time For Contract

I would like the ability to set a default start time for the opportunity. 8am is rather arbitrary and not practical when we turn much of inventory overnight, it isn't ready by 8am. Also, our winter hours don't even have us open until 9am so we have to change every contract. Can it be part of a rate definition?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatic costing - Costs Me - Costs Client

So, In the opportunity page it would be great if items could automatically fill in there direct costs to me within the cost column, instead of having to fill it in automatically. This feature would mainly be for events and hire companies although I'm sure it would have uses in other areas with a bit of simple tweaking, but for now here is an example of how I want it to work for my company.

If I created a sale item within my resources called "Black Expo Cord Carpet" and set it up to cost me £2.35 per square meter.…

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto update rate quantity when editing service dates

When changing crewing dates currently the 'Rate Quantity' remains with the quantity from the previous dates, so if you enter a longer period the 'Rate Quantity' remains as the old quantity. Auto updating this field would make it less prone to errors, or having an option to auto update this field....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Refresh cursor when you "add new opportunity item" (Set the Focus)

When I add a new opportunity item and the pop up box refreshes, the cursor does not automatically go back to the Name box. You have to click in there too start typing.

Can you automatically put the cursor in the Name box when it refreshes? (Set the focus)

Many Thanks :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow exporting of excel/.csv of individual jobs/orders

Currently you can only export a .csv of ALL your inventory. But what would be very handy is the ability to export an excel/.csv of an order/job/opportunity at any stage of the process.

This has many benefits. The first that comes to mind is for Carnet forms. We use a third party company and it was just proving too difficult to modify the already existing Carnet form, so we have resulted to having to fill out their excel sheet. If we had the option to export a .csv of an order we built for this trip, it would be very…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Specify sub-rent supplier at quotation stage

when quoting it would be easier to set a subhire in advance of the booking. there is no reminder to set a sub hire booking up after an order has been created so when dealing with 20 quotes a day it could be easily forgotten in the later stage

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add new contact from opportunity: put an 'add new' button on the participant tabs within the job details page

I would like there to be an 'add new' button on the participant tabs at the bottom of the job details page. It is possible to add a new organisation at the top of the page, and if you're doing that it's most likely you'll want to add a new contact for the organisation too. It would be great to be able to do this without leaving the page and then having to go back into it once the new contact has been created. Thaks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Rather than putting this on the participants section, we’ve added the option to create a linked contact from the Create New Organization screen that you access using the green plus icon on the create & edit opportunity screens.

Just enter a Contact Name to create a new linked contact for the new organization :)

17. Flag quarantines to warehouse team on check in.

If an item is damaged on site or misbehaving, the technicians using the item will normally add the item straight to quarantine whilst on site whilst it is fresh in their mind. It would be useful to have this flagged to the warehouse team when they try to check it back in (possibly through the use of a suitably jazzy sound) so the item can be separated and put in the 'sick bay' area for the workshop team to deal with.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Barcode for opportunity

We want to be able to add a barcode onto our collection notes so that when a client comes back, we just scan this barcode and check in all the kit. I was hoping that you'd be creating the asset barcodes programmatically on our end but alas it's just a barcode URL. All it'd need to do is have the opportunity number encoded in it. Saves us typing it on the tablet as this is the only typing we have to do now for Check Out/In.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Choosing Accessories

Add drop down box for choosing which accessories to add to a product at quote stage

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Choosing Accessories is now live. Now when you add a product with accessories to an opportunity, Current RMS will show you those accessories – including availability – so you can choose which ones you’d like to add.

This works in both the picker and on the add new opportunity item screen.

See: http://help.current-rms.com/opportunities/create-an-opportunity/choose-accessories-when-adding-products-to-an-opportunity

20. Make adding labor to opportunities less cumbersome. It would be nice to create a time block and then add all the services to that block.

Make adding labor to opportunities less cumbersome. It would be nice to create a time block and then add all the services to that block. For example, it would be great to create a header called load in, give it the day and times and then use the picker to fill the roles. It would save me TONS of time rather than role by role filling the labor section on opportunities.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great idea! When editing an opportunity group, you’ll now see a “Default Service Dates” section. Use this section to set the dates for any services you add to this group, either manually or by copying dates from the opportunity scheduler.

This means that you can work exactly as you’ve mentioned: create an opportunity group called “load in”, set the service start & end dates for that group, then add services to that group and they’ll default to the times you specified.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base