Customer Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Product Nick Names

In the area we service we have many competing companies and many clients will take our quotes and pass them along to competing companies seeing if they can use the exact gear we quoted them and underbid us.

I’d love an option for all our rental products to have a “nick name” section so when we send quotes out it doesn’t give exact equipment model details. For example we have “JBL PRX 612” but if we had a nick name section for that product we could put “powered speaker” and that would be what shows on the quote to our…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Alex is exactly right here – a custom field is a great way to display an alternative name for a product or service. It’s handy in cases like Dax mentions, but also for companies that operate in multiple languages.

Check out our guide on adding custom fields to documents: Use custom fields in document layouts

Don’t know HTML? Don’t worry! We’re here to help, email us at help@current-rms.com and we’ll get your custom fields plumbed-in to your docs.

2. Availability of a parent item in picker reflects component availability / creating packages

It would be lifesaver for any tent rental company for availability in the picker to reflect a total based off the amount of mandatory components are available. We have tent poles, stakes, tops etc that are used on multiple items so when one gets rented I need it to pull the components to the other tents out of inventory so we don't over book.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow attachments to stock levels

We hire equipment that has item specific documents (for example calibration certificates and rigging test certificates). I would like to attach them to the specific stock item. Even better if copies of all certificates relevant to an order could be gathered and sent to the client in one operation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move stock items between stores

It would be useful to be able to change the store the stock was in, If it moves stores I currently have to delete the stock item and re-enter the details.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Private & Public Accessories

Be able to set accessories to be either Public or Private.

Public accessories will appear on customer paperwork where Private accessories will only appear on Picking Lists etc.

Private accessories are more of a thing to double check during prep rather than things the customer has a choice about. For example lanterns & safety chains, The customer doesn't need to know but who ever is doing the prep needs to double check!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added a new accessory mode called ‘component’. Our default document layouts will hide accessory items that are set as components and have a zero price.

This feature will be part of our next update.

7. Click on serialised item number to display product history

Where ever I see the asset number of a serialised item (Stock Level, Availability), I want to be able to click on it to view a history of the item.

I want to be displayed with a chronological list of key events. This would be the opportunities it went out on and when it has been quarantined. It would need extensive detail lines such as pick-up and drop-off dates. (could be filterable with saved view though).

This would be useful for:
    - Tracking down a missing item, where was it last seen...
    - A very quick view of quarantine history…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Non chargeable accessory items

Am I right in thinking that if a Zero Charged mandatory accessory does not have a rental rate set, the system will generate an error if that accessory is called as part of a kit? The item in question is a 13A to IEC mains cable, which we will never charge for, but needs to be on kit lists in case of a hard of thinking moment in the warehouse.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While you’ll still need to add a rental rate against a rental product to add it to an opportunity, we’ve now added the option to add a rate when creating a product.

This defaults to 0.00, meaning that all rental products will be created with a rental rate and can be added to opportunities straight away.

9. Lower accessories amounts to less than 1

For example, if two speakers sit on one dolly, you only need one dolly per two speakers.
    Currently when you add accessories, the lowest denominator is 1, whereas in this example, you would want 0.5.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Serial numbers in product view

Here's my scenario - I have 20 serialised items which I need to add as Stock Levels and then barcode. The quickest way to add them is to "Create and Add Another". Then I go back to the product view and print off 20 barcodes as a single document. In order to then match the barcodes I've just printed to the serial numbered item to which they relate, however, I've got to go into each individual record. Am I missing something or is there no view where a list contains both the Asset Numbers and the Serial Number together. If…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Product group pre fill

I'm currently migrating an existing database of specific items (so importing doesn't work). As I add a new Stock Level item, I'm having to select the Product Group, in spite of having navigated to the Create Product screen from the Products view where I've filtered to see only a particular Product Group. Would it make sense to be able to go Products - Speakers - Add Product and have the Product Group pre-filled with "Speakers" rather than the first product group in the list?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. tag search

will be great if when using the search tool the search will include tags as well

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add tags to multiple items

Often, we decide to add a new tag to the tag pool for various reasons. Currently, we have to open each product manually to do this, which not only takes quite some time, but leads to errors in entering the tags, which defeats the purpose. It would be great if we could have the ability to select a group of items, or select multiple items from different groups, and add the same tag to each one in one go.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base