Customer Wishlist

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show product quarantine quantity in the picker alongside quoted qty

When using the picker you can see the qty available and on conflicting quotes however you cannot see what qty is in quarantine which means you risk thinking you do not have stock to add when actually you may, it just might need a little repair. It would be useful to see this on the picker.

23 votes
    vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      10 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Can we create a Cubic Metre calculator (From the existing dimensions in Products)

Can we create a Cubic Metre calculator (From the existing dimensions in Products- ) that would assist in knowing how many trucks to assign/quote for the Job.
      Currently you have a category for weight, could we add a Cubic Weight

22 votes
      vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Product Nick Names

In the area we service we have many competing companies and many clients will take our quotes and pass them along to competing companies seeing if they can use the exact gear we quoted them and underbid us.

I’d love an option for all our rental products to have a “nick name” section so when we send quotes out it doesn’t give exact equipment model details. For example we have “JBL PRX 612” but if we had a nick name section for that product we could put “powered speaker” and that would be what shows on the quote to our…

0 votes
        vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Free Scan Allowed Based on Item and Role

I would like to be able to enable/disable Free Scan capabilities on a per item basis based off of Role when entering the new product in the database. Currently we allow our technicians to Free Scan cables out to a job as needed, but would rather them not Free Scan other items to a job where it then immediately is added to the bill. This would allow one account to be able to Free Scan everything while a more limited account may only be able to Free Scan certain cables for instance. In addition, once items are Free Scanned it…

2 votes
          vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • allow to apply a supplier to sale items.

I am able to put in supplier costs for products that are sale only, but when I drop that product into an opportunity there's no option to set a supplier. Please let us be able to do this to track costs!

3 votes
            vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Allow the ability to set x number of serialized devices to write off and then allow scanning them out.

Our company sometimes writes off/sends out for recycling large amounts of laptops or other serialized assets. Right now having to scan in the serial number, find the item and then click through to a stock transfer can be a very time consuming a brutal process. What would be amazing is if I could 'queue' say 50 laptops for write off and then could put in a 'note' which then would let me scan through 50 serial numbers and it would add these stock transactions as I scan.

3 votes
              vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Auto summarize the rental charge packages and containers

Wouldn't it be very handy if i create a container or a package/kit i just need to hit a button to summarize all the single items if they set to charge for getting an overall packageprice?
                And very important: an update button for this funktion, if i change/expand the package to recalculate this.
                I need to calculate every created package by hand from scratch, by now.

1 vote
                vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Set "Find By Asset" to a page separate from "Products"

I find it a little bit of a hassle when I need to constantly scan assets to view their product page to add to quarantine or edit the product to got to resources > products > [find by asset]. Ideally I'd either have the "search for" box either togglable from search or find by asset, or, instantly bring up the product page when there's an exact match for the barcode. An example is if I type "DF50" it returns the search like normal, or, if I scan the barcode "29423", it takes me straight to the page like find by…

1 vote
                  vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • stock transaction approval document

approval for transfering item from a store to another store

1 vote
                    vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Hidden items

I'd like the ability to hide groups, items and accessories from the client quote/invoice. For example - a quote might have a laptop, which includes a serialized power supply, and a non-serialized USB mouse. I'd like those to be on the pull list, but the client doesn't need to see them.

Also, for groups or packages, I'd like to be able to hide child items. So I can quote the client a "2 speaker sound system" and they can see it includes 2 speakers, a mixer, and a wireless mic, but the cables, adapters, etc are hidden. Or I might…

1 vote
                      vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Make resources that are 'in' a serialised container not available as part of that items stock level

As an example:-

I have an Amplifier Rack that contains 1 x Amplifier, 1 x Power Cable and 2 x XLR Cables. These cables remain in this rack permanently.

When i look at availability, it shows me I have 20 XLR Cables available, when in reality, to pick, i only have 18, as 2 remain in the Amplifer Rack. Same principle applies to the Power Cable.

Wouldnt it be good if by placing these items into a serialised container, the held figure remains the same, but the availability figure changes for an item, even if its not booked out on…

66 votes
                        vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Different Sized Flight Cases as Accessories

This idea is to allow for the fact some products do not permanently live in a flight case, but are assigned one when booked on an opportunity, depending on how many of the item are booked.

Examples:

1. We have a number of video wall panels, but we have two types of cases 6 panels per case or 8 panels per case, therefore assigning a decimal of 0.125 to assign 1 case per 8 panels selected does not work if we decided to use a 6 panel case.

2. IP65 Parcans - we have cases to fit 4, 6 or…

5 votes
                          vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add bulk stock to serialized container

Extend serialised container linking to cover qtys of bulk stock contents as well

66 votes
                            vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Bulk container with bulk-stock

This would work just like with serialized container just with bulk-stock instead.

so you don't have to put serial number on all our pruducts

6 votes
                              vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Change sale stock to rental stock and vice-versa

We have some stock that is currently under 'Sale' and has been entered onto an opportunity previously but has come back. It would be good if we had the option to convert / change stock from sale to rental (likewise change from rental to sale) as this particular stock we now rent out instead of sell. The only way around this at the moment is to (if the stock has not been on an opportunity) delete the current stock and add again as rental. If it has been on an opportunity we cannot delete we have to just 'write off'…

92 votes
                                vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  13 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Bulk store transfer

The ability to quickly scan assets into a list and move them into a store. For when we bring kit back to a different store from where it started, we can just put it all in a pile, scan everything and click "move" once instead of 100 times.

59 votes
                                  vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    8 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Give the option of putting different rates against Products

Give the option of putting multiple rates against Products.
                                    For example having a weekend rate active as well as a daily rate on a product or service

83 votes
                                    vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      15 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Catalogue printing

Because we have all already added our lovely pictures and information into current RMS it would be a good idea to be able to generate pretty catalogues straight from current to send to our regular clients with pictures and prices.

142 votes
                                      vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        35 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the votes and comments on this idea, all. There’s no definite ETA on this right now, we’re working on ideas at the top of the wishlist and we’ll look to review in future. If this is something you’d been keen to see implemented, please do vote for this idea!

In the meantime, we’ve put together a quick guide on how you can use a Current RMS export to create a product catalog in Google Sheets – including pictures. Check out: Create a product catalog document using Google Sheets

• Testing/Maintenance

I am not sure if I have missed a component here that is already in the software however I would like to see integration (maybe linked into the Quarantine section) for testing and maintenance of equipment. Currently, I add custom fields for PAT/LOLER testing to each stock level which works up to a point. However, what would be advantageous, would be a maintenance area - similar to quarantine - where all this is logged alongside each stock asset, and you get popup notifications via the Dashboard and email notifications 1 week prior to a test due date or similar. And…

421 votes
                                        vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          42 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Building on the quarantine functionality in Current to add additional options for testing and maintenance is something that we’re committed to adding to Current RMS in future. Please do keep the votes and comments coming!

Remember you can use custom fields to store testing information against your stock levels in Current and even pull through this information to opportunity documents. We’ve put together a guide that runs through how this works, check out: Record PAT or other equipment test results

Email us at help@current-rms.com if you need a hand setting up your custom fields — we’re happy to help :)

• Item's status previewed on product view

Often I quickly need to see an item/barcode's status on product view under 'bookings' - in order to see this, you have to then enter into each job to see whether it's reserved, checked in, allocated, etc

It would be great if you introduced a preview on product view in order to get rid of the double handling (triple after you've searched through the whole job to find that barcode)
                                          There is a 'status' but it looks to be the status of the job, not for the item or barcode that you have open in product view.

Please add another…

18 votes
                                          vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base