I suggest you ...

Default date selection - start/end to automatically update delivery/collection dates

When creating an opportunity, the delivery and collection dates stay the same rather than default to the Start and End date of the hire.

This can get frustrating when quoting for jobs sometimes months in the future, as you have to scroll through the calendar every time to get to the correct date.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ashley Phipps shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marcus Wimmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, i got an small update in this ...
    AND THIS IS ADRESSED TO THE SUPPORT AS WELL!!!!!!

I use the schedule setup in RMS in the standard mode (not in extended) and i use the german language setting.

Now for a try to check something different i set it to extended.
    Than i just found this by accident:

!!! The automatic date select works more than fine !!!

So sadly to say it seem at it is a little bug in the standard schedule setup.

PLEASE AMAZING CURRENT TEAM TAKE A QUICK LOOK! IT CANT BE A BIG THING!

@Kallen, maybe you want to share the script here...?
    (in case it was not to complicated or expensive to programm it)

Yes they dont change it.
    BUT please just make it happen that the end dates are taken from the start dates automaticlly.
    Thats a real life no brainer, it will never happen and the software even don't allow me that the end date is before the start date. And the default dates for the delivery are taken from the rental dates or the other way around. So please get that be done after 4 years now.

I also would like to have the choice to select all available time periods in the "take time period from" option. the option is cool and i want it in every item, service, what ever to choose.
    But in the simple schedule it just takes the delivery dates and it isnt a period its the same date and time, thats frustrating. it could be so easy to make the workflow smarter. just select an existing time period from one in the opportunity -> charging start and ends, delivery starts and delivery ends. Even with this two most of the needed time periods are done. And when i enter more detailed Schedules, its also there and selectable.

• Kallan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been up by myself and a few others several times over several years.

It's quite clear they are not going to do it, so don't hold uour breath.

We ended up creating a custom user script for our browsers to do this functionality.

Yes absolutly!
    Maybe also changing the order of delivery dates and charging dates.
    Delivery dates first to enter, charging dates secound.

And when i enter a delivery date, the return date is set automatically to the same date with 23.55 time
    (AS IT IS ALREADY IN THE ACTIVITY!!!)
    And the deliver = start charging and the return = end of charging date y default would safe a LOT of clicks and time!

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I'm noticing that when using extended dates, only the start and end date is filled by default, all the other extended date fields are blank and optional.
    This means the opportunity can be confirmed and turned in to an Order without any extended dates being added. However, unless you enter a Delivery and Collection date, the job doesn't appear on the Dashboard 'Deliveries today' tile or the timeline at the bottom. This could be REALLY dangerous as a job could be all booked in and confirmed etc, but NOT show up on the dashboard at all!!
    For this reason, and also to make it faster when turning a enquiry in to a quote, I would suggest there is a change in functionality and the Start and End dates populate in to the Delivery and Collection fields by default.

When using the Standard Schedule setting, the Delivery defaults to 9am today's date and collection defaults to 5pm todays date - although this often needs updating, at least it then shows up on the dashboard.

Further more, it would be useful to be able to toggle visibility of the extended date fields individually rather than just on or off for all fields. (eg some might not want both Prep and Load).

I'm also not sure I follow the logic of the start and end dates being the min and max dates for all other extended dates, including prep. For example, if you take an enquiry from a client who want a 2 day event, you would create an enquiry with those as start and end dates. Now when you convert to a quote and you want to add a prep date in advance, you need to edit the start and end dates before you can enter your prep date - is this logical? Why is there a need for start and end in extended mode?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a new opportunity and chosing charging start date. The delivery date, pickup date, charge end date fills with the start date.

Very time consuming to manually enter delivery, pickup, end date to the same date months ahead.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be much better to have them blank than filled in as it does now.
    Only in the early morning will delivery date be AFTER actual time...

If you use the advanced scheduling nothing is filled out...so why fill out with useless values here ?

• Marty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love for this to be implemented soon. Will speed up data entry significantly.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes completely agree, all services would also default to the start and end date depending if they were bump in or pack down etc. Would make it a lot quicker. :)

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great that the delivery date could automotically be filled with the start date, and the collection date with the end date.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good if the collection date automatically matched the delivery date so you didn't have to scroll through the calendar twice.

• Christopher Boot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will make your teeth grind. A good feature from TSS used to be that when you entered the delivery date for an opportunity the charging date and collection date would automatically be updated to match the delivery date. This meant that it was quicker to find the appropriate dates for opportunities in the future because you didn't have to scroll through several months to find the date you were looking for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base