I suggest you ...

Lock Price

Lock price once quoted. So allows us to makes changes to equipment but not alter the price.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
office shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to lock price and not allow shop personnel to see it BUT be able to let shop personnel add items if needed as they are pulling gear...as long as price is not effected.

• alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the current price locking feature was never quite what I expected it to be - be good to hear what's planned and whether an update will be going ahead or not

• sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, price locking services would be a huge help for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this it's important. If somehow once the job has been put into play we should be able to keep the order looking the same for further revisions but somehow allow the pickers to pick the relevant equipment without changing the pricing. Almost do a whole new list if necessary but the picking list becomes the actuals and the order almost just becomes a ghost.

• adam howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To expand on this request..
    Lock price would work where the kit is all despatched together same date, same site. It would also work if we knew when quoting on a project how it was to be split, what equipment was required at which location, at what time etc.. In reality unfortunately this is seldom the case.
    Often whilst the job has been priced as one, operationally the job needs to be split into more than 1 part, they may have different dates and be at different sites. The client is not interested in the logistics of how the job works, they only wish to know what it costs in total. Within a project you may still have for example a cost for Stage A, and a cost for Stage B. Stage A in reality may need to be split into a pre-rig at location A delivered on date x, a main show package at location B delivered on date y and a Band extras package at location B delivered on date z. Stage B may have a similar requirement for equipment and services that were quoted as one but need to be sub-divided to properly organise and execute the job.
    In addition to locking prices on opportunities it would also be useful to select if an opportunity is "pricing only" and does not affect availability. What this would mean is that we could then build as many opportunities as necessary that would be associated with the same project, each opportunity being one part of the overall job to deal with the logistics. These should affect availability as they would be the physical products being booked out of the warehouse.
    One last suggestion is that products have an additional "pricing only" field, meaning that they can be seen by those pricing the job in the office and hidden from those picking the job in the warehouse.
    I hope I have explained this in way that makes sense, and welcome any further feedback from others.

Feedback and Knowledge Base