I suggest you ...

Custom Reports

A reporting framework that could have a series of pre made reports such as:

- item history
- revenue/profit per item
- top performing customers
- average hire values

And then some form of syntax/sql to allow for us to create our own custom reports from the data available. Sirportly (www.sirportly.com) does this really nicely.

475 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben Bowles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to comment and vote on this idea. Hearing about the kind of reports you’d like to be able to pull is really useful; we’ve been able to add a few popular reports, like the stock transactions report and the opportunity sub-rents report, based on your feedback.

Right now lots of you are using custom views for reporting. They’re a great way of seeing and sorting the data in Current, and we’re working on some improvements to them that should address this idea directly.

At the moment, custom views can be created in one module and can display and filter data that’s within that module. We’re strengthening custom views so that in future you’ll be able to access data from related modules.

For example, from an opportunity custom view you’ll be able to access organization or opportunity item attributes. This should allow you to build some really exciting views that pull data from across the system and help you see the bigger picture.

Connecting all of those modules together isn’t a trivial task, so we don’t have a definitive ETA just yet. We’re working as hard as we can on it and we’ll post back when we have more information to share.

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nicola Church commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes more report options please. I want to be able to pull off reports for specific periods, for specific customer, products, current users

• rogelio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find Current great but the report section is very primitive. I really would like to be able to see how many jobs or invoices were created per month, who has paid, how they paid and who owes me money. How many times has a rental item has been rented, etc

Please guys, you should include these options, they are essential!

• rogelio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd would be nice to have the ability to search reports by rental or sale item, by day, or week, or month so we have an idea of how much income was generated per item per period of time.

• stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the option to specify date ranges over which the report uses, also the ability to specify individual Organisations or Products etc where appropriate would greatly improve the usability and relevance of all reports.

• David Lancini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The existing reports functionality in Current RMS is severely lacking for those of us that don't use the inbuilt invoicing features.

For instance, I'd like to be able to see what our most popular hire items are, and see what kind of revenue they've produced over the course of say a month, a few months or a year. I can't do this without using the invoicing features. We already have an adequate invoicing system which ties in to various other resources that Current RMS cannot.

Lets expand the reports so that everyone is able to use their functionality.

• arosh.fernando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most useful tools for a business owner, as we can see what makes money and what doesnt !!

• Stephen Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful if it could tell you which products you are sub hiring mostly so hence you can see if its worth purchasing.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!! Premade reports please! I miss the suite that was available in my previous software!!!

I appreciate the functionality is probably there for me to create my own reports, but I want to run my warehouse, not learn to code!!! ;)

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base