I suggest you ...

Custom Reports

A reporting framework that could have a series of pre made reports such as:

- item history
- revenue/profit per item
- top performing customers
- average hire values

And then some form of syntax/sql to allow for us to create our own custom reports from the data available. Sirportly (www.sirportly.com) does this really nicely.

475 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben Bowles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to comment and vote on this idea. Hearing about the kind of reports you’d like to be able to pull is really useful; we’ve been able to add a few popular reports, like the stock transactions report and the opportunity sub-rents report, based on your feedback.

Right now lots of you are using custom views for reporting. They’re a great way of seeing and sorting the data in Current, and we’re working on some improvements to them that should address this idea directly.

At the moment, custom views can be created in one module and can display and filter data that’s within that module. We’re strengthening custom views so that in future you’ll be able to access data from related modules.

For example, from an opportunity custom view you’ll be able to access organization or opportunity item attributes. This should allow you to build some really exciting views that pull data from across the system and help you see the bigger picture.

Connecting all of those modules together isn’t a trivial task, so we don’t have a definitive ETA just yet. We’re working as hard as we can on it and we’ll post back when we have more information to share.

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Current.

I need to run some better reports to present to our finance board as the stock reports are pretty useless! I need a breakdown per asset on the number of hire days each asset has been out for. It would be good to have a custom filter like there is for searching opportunities.

Thanks!

• Andy Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the reports pull from invoiced jobs, i really need them to be able to pull from opportunities as we run our own events as well as supply for other people, so on my own events i do not invoice myself for the job but i need to know how much the equipment is being used.

I would like to see a way of creating and saving our own custom report templates, so you can run the same report whenever you want and just change the dates on them.

• Sam Bowden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think this would be vital to have as part of the software. At the moment I really need a very simple report that has 3 columns - total inventory, inventory available, inventory unavailable - this would allow me to stock take accurately against what Current says I have. I have suggested this on the wishlist but it doesn't haven't enough votes to be noticed the ability to create this myself would make life a lot easier and remove the stress of knowing that the thing I want definitely isn't going to be looked at.

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that custom reports are ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL to the inventory analysis my organization is looking to do. Specifically, I need the ability to report on utilization of inventory and understand the % of inventory that is generating revenue, and the remaining inventory that is unutilized. I can't work around this need with the current available reports or even with the data export views because the rental income reports and unrented and unsold stock reports do not include the stock level ID, so it is impossible to cross reference unrented stock or stock rental income with the entire inventory of stock. I see this issue was raised in 2015, when is this functionality projected to be available?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There seems to be so much data within Current that I can't access through reports. Why no ability to write custom reports to suit the need of each business. I needed a simple report showing all items written off for a specific period to include the replacement charge to calculate my stock loss, however the Transaction History report doesn't include that value and I'm unable to amend it or clone it to build variations on this theme.

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a few years since we've used Current here at our company and still no custom reports. This is crucial guys, your existing reports don't cut it, not even close. Being able to print a report of my inventory, what the rental rate is, and what it's made year to date or even lifetime in the same report should be something I can build.

• Josh B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to run a report that will show me what asset, the serial number if it is serialized, and what order it is checked out for, or if it is still available. This would be for doing inventory and making sure that everything is accurate with what the system claims we have.

EX:

50 laptops with x serials are out on order 123456 and due back on december 10th, we have 100 laptops total.

The report would show a breakdown of the serial numbers and where they are/what order and what project they are part of.

It would be nice to also be able to use a date range to see where serials were x days or months ago as well.

I have a wish.
    My wish is to be able to use Current to analyse our sales data.
    I wish to see Total Turnover ( within a date range) available within Current ( not exported than add it myself)
    Total Turnover, Total Tax.
    Along side this I would hope to be able to mine deeper for Total transport costs, Total Freelance staff etc.
    This info is then used to predict budgets for following year.

• Harry Butcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with the anon below, there is massively valuable data in the system which I cannot access not least without time spent with raw data. I need this to be easy.. say I am always short of cable in the summer and want to know what i'm most short of in previous years.

Please think about implementing this after purchases!

There is so much data that exists within Current that I'm unable to analyze because their isn't a report pre-made for it.

Specifically, It would be so helpful to understand what in my inventory is going in and out of the door rather than just sitting on the shelf. The "never rented" report only shows if a type of product was never rented in a given period of time, so if I have a quantity of 100 of a product and even if 1 of them was rented it won't show up on the list.

My dream would to be able to see how many times my assets were rented out over a given period of time. For instance: If I wanted to look at last year and see that some of my assets were rented 100 times and some of my assets were never rented once, that would be very valuable information to understand what products do I want to add to my inventory and what do I want to eliminate. Today I have to make that decision without knowing this information even though the data exists within Current - I just can't get it.

PLEASE MAKE CUSTOM REPORTS A FUNCTION IN CURRENT!

• Gemma Bates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just need to be able to see easily how much income has been generated by myself or other Project Managers over a specific time period.

It would be very helpful to be able to download the summary of open outstanding invoices. We use current for billing and collections instead of going through quickbooks. In order to create monthly Statements, we have to manually enter the summary data on an excel file. Invoices appears to be one of the only areas that you cannot create a CSV or an XLS file. This type of file/data would make month end statements much easier and quicker.

• drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to be able to have more reports independent of invoice status. We don't do any invoicing on Current... Most of the reports therfore don't work for us!

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Current Report functions to get data in many areas including Client Spend, Product Income & ROI using Current reports. As far as the structure goes it's fairly good as a basic tool but I feel it could go much, much further. There are also several niggles that I want to draw attention to:

ISSUE 1

If I want to get a report on the income of a product over a year it's fairly accurate, but as you zoom in to, for example, Quarters, Current Reporting starts returning false information. the reason? How it classifies the date of income.

Current have told me that the system reads an income addition ON THE DATE OF INVOICE. Whilst I can see that this makes literal sense (thought it would be more literal if it added income on the date of payment) I don't really care too much about when something is billed as it moght be months in advance of a job. What I want to know is information that will enable me to predict future demand so could there not be an option to get income, no of hires for a product etc in a given period based on WHEN THE EQUIPMENT IS ACTUALLY OUT OF THE BUILDING?

If I want to know how many Robe Pointes went out in September I can't easily find that information. I can find out how many Robe Pointes were INVOICED in September but that's not really a great deal of use to me if I'm trying to predict next year's demand.

ISSUE 2

I suspect that Product X is not going out much at weekends. Perhaps I can pitch the possibility of discounting this class of product over weekends but my boss wants to see the numbers. At present I can't see a way of doing this other than using the Product availability screen and laboriously scrolling through availability

How difficult would it be to introduce criteria that showed max availability over a chosen period? During weekend vs during week for 2016, for example, for a range of products. For all loudspeakers? Or for all Lighting products over Hire cost per day of £x?

If I want to know max availability for a given product 01-2016 to 012-2017 I can't find that quickly and easily. On how many occasions was everything out? With this information I could determine whether we have overstocked a product; I could also use this information to decide on how many items of a similar class to purchase next year.

ISSUE 3

I want two-tier information reports, or perhaps multi-module reports: How much did company X spend on staging last year? How much on smoke fluid? How much on both in each quarter? Who spent the most on lighting? Who spent the most on audio? Who spent the most on d&b audio? Can't see that there's any way to do this at the moment (other than a predictably laborious one) but the really irritating thing about this, and all the other issues is that THE INFORMATION IS IN THERE, it's just that an interface is needed to extract it.

• Matt Gourd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom reports would be a real game changer!
    This could work the same as your custom views on other modules.

I'm no programer but I imagine it would be easy to implement.

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need better reporting.

I will echo what was said earlier: " Must have:

Invoices total p/mth
    Quotes total p/mth
    Orders total p/mth
    Void opportunities p/mth

This allows us to know at a glance what is billed / going to be billed / maybe going ahead / lost opportunities. These should be preset drop down options. Everything must be date range manipulatable.

Also: a report that shows

-Sales by Month, Year, date range, to see at a glance how we are tracking

All the reports must be viewed within Current and not rely on exporting out to Excel !!!!!!"

I should be able to look at what rentals we have in the upcoming months already quoted and/or ordered, and same with looking back to prior months.

• Alvar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have report on single rental items/ assets if it has reached purchase price or not. If it's earning profit already or not. It's vital information.

• rajai.khalil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    In this time and age, information is everything , and reporting should be the essence of this system:

from a Sales perspective:
    * filter sale reports based on time , client , product
    * reports for
    * reports for dead or lost projects (will need to make versions for quotes, so you don't add versions to lost)

resources reports are essential to be custom as well

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base