I suggest you ...

Product Nick Names

In the area we service we have many competing companies and many clients will take our quotes and pass them along to competing companies seeing if they can use the exact gear we quoted them and underbid us.

I’d love an option for all our rental products to have a “nick name” section so when we send quotes out it doesn’t give exact equipment model details. For example we have “JBL PRX 612” but if we had a nick name section for that product we could put “powered speaker” and that would be what shows on the quote to our potential client. This way they can’t pass that quote on to a competing company and underbid us. At the same time when we print our pull list we know exact equipment models and gear to grab for the event.

Thank you

Dax

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dax Talbert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Alex is exactly right here – a custom field is a great way to display an alternative name for a product or service. It’s handy in cases like Dax mentions, but also for companies that operate in multiple languages.

Check out our guide on adding custom fields to documents: Use custom fields in document layouts

Don’t know HTML? Don’t worry! We’re here to help, email us at help@current-rms.com and we’ll get your custom fields plumbed-in to your docs.

3 comments

Comments are closed
  • drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great shout, will consider implementing the custom field idea below.

• Dax Talbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alex, Thank you very much! I'm still new to this software and am learning something new everyday! I appreciate it!

Dax

• Alex Ford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done using custom fields. You would create a custom field named "Nickname" to the product class. Then point the quote at the custom field "Nickname" instead of the item name.

Feedback and Knowledge Base