I suggest you ...

UI

Current is an increasingly good RMS tool. A combination of solid tools and expert help. I find that everywhere else in the field, it looks better and is more intuitive.

However, the one overall feeling I get is that the code quite quickly becoming outdated. It’s as though written in html4 when the internet is advancing well away from that. (I don’t know what underlying code it’s supported by)

Current has set the bar high, but it’s only further development at the same rate which will let them stay on top.

I want drag and drop file uploading.
I want a calendar where I can click and drag to create.
I want searches with live results.
I want fluid discussions with live replying.
I want a mobile view I can actually use.

These are all things we’ve become a custom to & the internet is to blame!

When I look at current on its own, it’s impressive. When I look at it with the rest of the web, it’s way behind.

It’s a strong comment, I know without huge resource it’s difficult to evolve quickly. I am understanding in what you’re delivering.
But as a customer, I want greater efficiency and ease of use.

I use Google, instagram, an iPhone and Monzo. I’m a millennial and I’m spoilt with developer time these various business must have given. I could also be your customer for 30+ years and oh boy will Generation Z be more demanding. So this is really a post in preparation for them!

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Harry Butcher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Harry Butcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a better forum that promotes discussions with the team rather than one way, statement communication. Ideally a Discourse forum.

It would be great to have mathematical input in product prices.. or anywhere with a number input.

For example product a is priced at £10, if I type +5 in the box, it would return £15. it's something I'm used to now with other software like vectorworks and AutoCAD.

Thank Drew.. I will check out using HTML formatting, it would still be a dream being able to use a kinder interface. Knowing now that it already accepts HTML formatting I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to place a discussion style formatting box to these other text input locations.

• drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick note re rich text formatting in the description section. This may not help, but if you're at all familiar with HTML formatting you can use that to your hearts content.

For example you can wrap Strong tags around some text to make it bold: <strong>Make it bold!</strong>

If you don't like HTML you can modify your document layouts to treat the description field as Markdown formatted. There's a guide here: https://help.current-rms.com/document-layouts/liquid-syntax-documentation/liquid-filters

I tend to use HTML, as I can also embed images (hosted elsewhere) to help explain quotes and plans.

An easier way to make invoices as paid. We don't connect to the accounting software so it would be great to have a quicker way to mark the years of invoices we have to be marked as paid.

It would be useful if we could have customisable ITTT triggers.

For example, I have our standard tool kit on the job under the 'production' group. But if I add some set it would add a specific tool kit for that equipment.

Or I have 2 lights on the job and no need for a spare, but then the client adds several more of those lights and so I require a space unit or bulb. this can be automatically added once a threshold is reached.

Ability to see a summary of the costs in the cost view, for example if I arrange by supplier, I'd like to clost the group and see the total costs for that supplier. A little like how group summery works.

I've started using the services booking tools for allocating in contractors. It would be great to have additional views that flow easier on the eye. At the moment it's tricky to allocate someone to a job over multiple days with different call times and its really difficult to see an overview of who is booked in for what role on what day.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with Harry. There are so many little interface improvements which could majorly increase easy of use and reduce so much wasted time click click clicking...
    - Ben

A feature that allows you to set a commission rate on certain contacts / opportunities. or allow the discount to be a negative number as a work around.

I tried to do a work around with surcharges.. It didn't work..

It would also be great to have rich text formatting in the description section. I want to use this to produce advance document information but currently I cant format it how I'd like.

Feedback and Knowledge Base