I suggest you ...

Create quarantine invoices when checking-in

When you check a job back in with missing or broken items you have the option of current automatically charging the replacement value of the missing and broken items and reducing stock levels.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tom Lambert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I propose much better tracking and billing for Quarantine. Our business, radios, we bill extensively for loss and damage. The tracking, other than putting it in is lacking. I'd propose a way to build an invoice for L&D and to have fields that populate/update when it is paid by specific clients.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it stands now, if there are items missing or damaged from an opportunity when it returns, we have to manually check through quarantine for damages and look for outstanding items, and then manually create charges for these on the invoice.

It would be so much easier if these loss and damages carried over to the invoice automatically - for instance, the charge for missing/lost items could be populated from the replacement cost field for the product.

I think ideally the missing items/damages would be listed as a separate group at the bottom of the invoice. Another benefit of this is that by viewing the invoice for the opportunity you would at a glance be able to see any loss or damages associated with it by checking that particular area.

• Spencer Weekes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually dont think people know they need this operation - be great if you could ask your customers - increasing the awareness of this solution my make it a viable propersition.

• Spencer Weekes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - this would make a huge difference to our operation. Generally we make no money when kit is lost or damaged, opting to only recharge at cost, and so spending less time on the operation would really work for us. Transferring missing items to Outstanding Items has made a big difference, and the extension to this would be to send a quote based on replacement costs.
    Thanks

• will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, This would help me with SOR diesel supplied in generators,

• support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an item is lost, damaged or stolen from a job it should be a simple process to invoice for said items without having to start a whole new quote etc etc

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality would be useful for lost hire items too... client loses a power adaptor or whatever... would be great to automatically bill for a replacement. At the moment, if I add outstanding items to a new opportunity, it raises another hire line, rather than a sales line. This should also integrate in with the quarantine to remove (or mark) those items from the hire stock.

• Gareth Hance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Say we hire out festoon lighting with 100x golf ball lamps. We don't charge for the lamps as they're integral to the festoon. But if only 80 lamps are returned in working order I want to automatically bill for sale of 20 x Golf ball lamps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base