I suggest you ...

We would like a ‘recalculate’ type button that updates ALL product information on existing orders

We would like a “recalculate all” style button that essentially recalculates/re embeds all the latest product information with all the updated component/accessories/weights/prices at that point in time for an existing quote/order.

Background: We are currently adding on all components and accessories onto existing products already on the system.

However if a quote/order has been created prior to the component/accessory being added on, then it does not include them/allow them to be scanned onto the system when preparing/booking out without physically being reentered onto the quote/order....

We think it would also be useful when cloning a previous opportunity (say a repeat job from the previous year) but want to ensure it has the latest up to date pricing etc.

Hopefully other people would agree this is a helpful addition?

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
office shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We updated the servers today so that now you can grab the latest product and service costs and prices 🔄

As mentioned previously, refreshing accessory configuration and is a much larger task so we’ll keep monitoring feedback on this here and in our other customer channels. If it’s proving popular, we can look to put some dev resource behind it.

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Harry Butcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update Michael. I can see how it might be quite a challenge to have certain accessories updated.

Can I ask how it works when cloning a job?
    For instance year one we notice a mandatory accessory is missing from the list, which we attached to the product after that job. Next year when we clone the job, will the mandatory accessory be pulled in to the new list?

If it's easy enough for the Dev team it might be worth making it so that all mandatory accessories, components and safety items are pulled in automatically.

Then later down the line creating a feature that allows you to re select the default and optional accessories, components and safety items (which I guess is a separate feature in it's own right).

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too want to share my desire for a method to update / refresh bundles with in an opportunity that's changed. The price recalculation is nice, but missing items creates extra work and a risk of missing items when Accessories are changed.

• Paul Muller, ALV Productions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@jack - it can be disheartening, but as someone who's spent decades in software and product management, the answer might be as simple as the current behaviour could be considered a bug coupled with what I imagine is the ease of doing it

Re: votes, the whole design by democracy thing is troubling to me - not least of which because it tends to favour "faster horse" features versus actual breakthrough ways of working. Don't get me wrong, I still throw my votes around, but nothing beats watching people actually work with your system (or look at the support call logs) to work out what users need versus what they ask for.

No one asked for the iPhone, it took a leap of genius to reimagine how things could be done.

*disclaimer: opinions are my own, i don't work for Current and my own track record in product management is far from perfect! :-)

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michael,

I'm also keen for this feature, but was wondering why an idea with only 58 votes gets started before one with say 621 for example? Just trying to understand the reasoning, kinda makes you lose faith in the whole wishlist thing....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have! We have greatly developed the way we use Current over the past year and we are coming up to doing jobs this year and we have to completely start a quote from scratch instead of being able to copy last year's opportunity due to accessories/components changing! This button would save us so much time!

• Marcus Wimmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iam still more than up for this one!
    And i found out; that the discount on a perent item didnt change the child items. I would love to see this in the future and i guess it was the basic idea of how it works.

Yes! This would be great! From a sales perspective, I don't get caught up in a lot of the details. I'd like to be able to put together a quote. Then after the event is confirmed allow our ops team to edit a lot of the details. This would be very helpful!

This is urgent. We are losing dollars by the minute by not have a re-calculate or update button as above. Alternative is starting all quotes again and simply a double handling exercise that costs just as much money. Can everyone understand this is costing us all money whether we are forgetting an item as it does not update an accessory on paperwork or pricing is adjusted in the backend and we copy a job from 1 or 2 years backthat keeps old pricing .. Vote people! Vote now!

i played a bit with the needs for this thing, and it would be the best way when theres an Package summery on the right side in the item information. that shows always the summery of all fixed/needed items in the package no matter whats choosen in the item changeability or the final price for this package... and its changes when the package content changes, so its an always "real deal" overview...

i hope you get what i mean, other wise let me know and i send you a picture!

Wouldn't it be very handy if i create a container or a package/kit i just need to hit a button to summarize all the single items if they set to charge for getting an overall packageprice?
    And very important: an update button for this funktion, if i change/expand the package to recalculate this.
    I need to calculate every created package by hand from scratch, by now.

• drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an interim, it might be useful to have a flag of some sort (like the shortages exclamation mark) that shows next to items/groups that have updated information (cost, accessories etc).

That way you can quickly go down a list and see if its something that is actually a concern (like when I went through and added legs to all our staging...) or something less of an issue.

• Simon James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, it is a bitter sweet moment when you learn it's not just you who has these niggly nightmares.

• Mike Olear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a big issue to us. We add an accessory to an item because we keep forgetting it.. then we keep forgetting it because the opportunities do not update. A little pop up when you open a opportunity that new default or mandatory accessories would be nice. A one push button is a bit scary to me as we use a lot of default counts that we tend to adjust per opportunity. e.g. each light has a default accessory of 1 lead and 1 jumper.. if we added 4 lights we would adjust to 1 lead and 3 jumpers..

• Jenna Ackerley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big problem for us too, and means we are risking overbooking kit just by missing a deletion/re-addtion. A prompt asking if you want to to auto-update all existing bookings/quotes would be immensely helpful and will leave us much less exposed here.

• will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, It would be handy to have a 'force opportunities to update button' on resources with accessories (mainly ones with mandatory accessories)

E.g. if the spec of a 'package' or resource changes due to demand (or lack of!) then all opportunities with the resource picked can be forced to update (currently I have to delete the item then re pick)

• Dan Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same issue with our kit. We have PA packages for certain venues, and recently we changed one of the mixing desks in the smaller package, so now we need to go through all of our confirmed jobs and delete and re-add the product.

Sorry, to add this would also be a good idea at the confirmed order stage, maybe with an option to "Update Item" list so that if need be it didn't automatically change every confirmed job relating to that item but you still have a simple way of updating an item.

• Tim Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be really useful, esp where you retain complex/lengthy Opportunities as examples ready for cloning to new enquiries.

• Mike Card commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability for items on an order to be re-calced from the product pricing.

Currently there is no way to get new pricing into an opportunity, even if it is an old draft and you want to pull in new pricing. We even tried to clone the opportunity, but that copies the old pricing as well.

A new re-calc from prudct pricing option would solve all of these issues.

Enable live updates of item accessories.. atm you have to remove an item from a quote to edit the accessories and add back on. We're often finding in our rental kits we need to make a small change to the default item allocation but to do this we need to remove it from a quote, edit the item packaged accessories, and then add it back onto a quote.

• Leo Clownfish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We cannot apply components to future events without deleting and re-adding the event.

For example we now hire special printers with photo booths but these are only being added to new jobs as an accessory. The many jobs we have in the future already quoted do not have this on which makes detecting double bookings on these jobs impossible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base