I suggest you ...

Invoice terms by organization

We need to be able to set different terms for invoicing on an 'Organisation' basis as opposed to a system wide basis

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Comments are closed
  • Dan Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get more votes behind this idea?
    The custom field doesn't really save us any time as there is still a bit of messing around to do because it doesn't feed through to accounting.

We use Xero linked into Current - standard 30days terms. However, for some of our big clients they are on different terms such as 30 days from month end.
    Could the data not be set up directly in current in the organisations edit window so that any custom terms can be added - in a similar way to how xero allows you to set up default terms.

• Haiyang Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's what I did after setting up the custom field to make the invoice due date matches(calculate by itself).
    I'm not sure if this is the best way since I'm not professional, but this worked out for me. Hopefully, this would help whoever needed it. And I'm willing to see if there are better ways to do this as well.

In system setup-document-invoice template, add this at where the due date supposed to print.

{% if customer.payment_terms == 'Net 15' %}
    {{ invoice.invoiced_at | date:'%s' | plus:1296000 | localedate }}<br/>

{% elsif customer.payment_terms == 'Net 7' %}
    {{ invoice.invoiced_at | date:'%s' | plus:604800 | date:"%F" | localedate }}<br/>

{% elsif customer.payment_terms == 'COD' %}
    {{ invoice.invoiced_at | localedate }} ​<br/>

{% endif %}

• Ben Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have different terms for different organisations - Xero demonstrates this feature really well:- if this feature could be similar, also to include pulling through to alter the due date on the invoice without having to calculate it manually, and integration with the Xero feature of the same making the feature more meaningful that simply a text line on an invoice. Thanks.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry I've only just looked at these comments. We did the same thing and our paperwork does that but what I am referencing is when you post those invoices they all get posted with the same terms. You can only set system wide terms and cannot be any more specific than that

• alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How did you set this up Ben?
    Any chance of a quick step by step guide!?
    thanks

• ben annas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sorted this by creating a custom field and listing it within the organisation. When we set up a job it simply takes the payment terms from the contact and adds it to our quote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base