I suggest you ...

Allow for planned transfers between opportunities

For example.

We own twenty lights

Ten lights are on job A. Job A ends on Monday, de-rigs on Tuesday and is back to the warehouse on Wednesday.

All twenty lights are needed for Job B. Job B rigs on Tuesday...

What we do in real life is this, the warehouse preps the ten remaining lights and sends them to site on Tuesday. We also get a courier or technician to transport the ten lights from Job A to the New Job at B...

Current shows this as a BIG CLASH and for the whole of tuesday and wednesday we appear to be ten lights short.

Also, the warehouse never get the ten lights back from Job A, caution confusion when they try to scan things back in.

What would be good would be an option on an item to say that that item specifically was going to be transferred on a given date/time to a new opportunity. You'd select the opportunity in this option as well, and it could even add it to the list for you. In availability view there would be some form of colour or visual indicator that showed the planned transfers.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

670 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Drew Holmes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planned transfers between opportunities would be a great addition to Current. Your comments here are fantastic and really help us understand why you’d like to see this added to Current and how it could work – thanks!

Across all of our customer channels, building a purchasing module is the most popular feature request so we prioritized this. Now we’ve got the first phase of purchasing released in beta, planned transfers is next up from the wishlist.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting for so long – we’ve not forgotten that so many of you find this important. We’ll be back as soon as we’ve got more information to share.

90 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Drew, that's exactly what we have been doing, but it has been causing headaches all round here.

• drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Out of curiosity has anyone successfully found an easy way to get this done, I'm out of ideas!"

We tried using the sub rent system to cheat this, by setting ourselves as the sub rental company.

This appears to work initially, but soon causes headaches as the system effectively shows double quantities in stock once a job returns...

• Jason Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We desperately need this!
    Our trucks go from 1 site to another overnight. This hurts our production alot!

• James MacGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michael.

Just seeing if there has been any more movement about this idea?

We are currently having to manually fill out paper work to keep track of transfer jobs and it is often hard to keep track of due to having casual staff handing over book work in the warehouse.

Please, please, please can this get taken on. We have to do some very laborious work arounds in order to switch kit to other events and it is causing headaches for all departments.

Out of curiosity has anyone successfully found an easy way to get this done, I'm out of ideas!

• Brian O'Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this has been open for over a year but this is truly something a warehouse needs. The ability to quick turn or transfer items out on shows is a necessity. We just started using Current 2 months ago and we already have this issue on our next shows going out the door.

The issue i see is that it uses the start/end date for all gear. In order to fix this we probably would need to be able to set dates for individual gear that will transfer/quick turn so things could flow from show to show properly...

• Mike Olear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-(A) i want this.. but.. please don't make it so seamless that it makes it easy to overlook. sometimes its good to have a little red in the system to keep you on your toes. we have had problems in the past with almost missing sub-rental pickups because everything in the system looks so happy..
    -(B) to Expand on this... maybe the same feature could also fix a similar issue I run into.. Very often we will have two jobs back to back that they are similar enough to go on the same truck. I have found no way for current to even begin to understand this. Being able to pack the first job and then explain to Current that all the gear that is needed on the second job will be TRANSFERRED to the second Job from the first. Perhaps adding a level to detail view on the second job of something like "awaiting transfer". that would then let the shop see what is left to pull to fill in the holes on the 2nd job.

• Piotr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a very big problem to our company. Seriously - right now we have chaos on our warehouse because of lack of this option.

In my opinion it should be like this:

I have 2 pc. of product A on job 1 and I have to transfer 1pc of A to job 2.
    in opportunity "Job 2" I should have an option to add product A the same way as I make sub-rent, but I should choose "transfer" not "subrent". Then I should get a list of Jobs that this product is rented and then choose from which job I want to transfer it. Finally - all products that have "transfer" status - should be unaviable till the last "transfered" job.

• Lawrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great to be able to transfer assets from one opportunity to another.
    Quite often we have back to back jobs that are in the same venue/room but are different clients and need to be invoiced separately. There for we have separate opportunities.
    We need a way to transfer (within the Details View) maybe from the Action drop down menu, to a existing open opportunity.
    Our company doesnt allow for warehouse staff to Finalize Check In (as this step is completed by PM's and at that stage they issue an invoice)

i am aware of Flex allowing for this.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to turn a 'red' clash into perhaps a 'yellow' clash to show that someone has sorted an apparent shortage, this would mean inputting where an item is planned to come from, or got to next. The system could then print a list of arranged transfers so these can be quickly located on site or in the warehouse to move straight to another opportunity. Perhaps a transfer tab in detail view could show which items are required elsewhere or a tab in the destination job that shows where 'planned transfers' are coming from.

I'm glad your comment has prompted a response Drew. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to implement if ideas are in fact looked at by the number of votes they have! I do hope this isn't sidelined or delayed by less popular ideas again.

Happy 8th December 2017... 365 days since we had an update on this idea? Come on guys, did anybody really want google sign on? I thought you looked at ideas in order of the number of votes they have?

• Dan Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something we need to sort out too. I would actually like to be able to copy an entire opportunity with its allocated equipment to a new opportunity as we quite often get touring packages that will jump straight from one job to another but not hit the warehouse but need to be billed to different clients so need to be in different opportunities. This would sort out a bunch of head scratching for us and save a bunch to time manually copying over asset numbers between opportunities.

Marco - Good idea - at the moment the outstanding product from a finalised check in going into a holding dummy opportunity is clumsy. We should be able to transfer products straight from check in to an already created opportunity without having first to be logged back into stock and then being booked out again.

Hi - this idea would be helpful to us. We use Ambassadors who we issue uniform and iPads to; often the Ambassador (a Service) take the uniform etc from opportunity to opportunity without it being booked in and out of stock. The ability to transfer stock from opportunity to opportunity would be helpful and may get us round the issue. Cheers

Glad to see today's updates guys, any thoughts on this one? Much more use to us than being able to log on using google...

• Joe Betts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how has this not been added? Great function idea, come on Current, 330 votes? Get it done!

• ASL Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do have a workaround but it’s not a permanent fix.
    We “subrent” the units from the show they are currently on using client A as the vendor. Its been working...

Feedback and Knowledge Base