I suggest you ...

Allow for planned transfers between opportunities

For example.

We own twenty lights

Ten lights are on job A. Job A ends on Monday, de-rigs on Tuesday and is back to the warehouse on Wednesday.

All twenty lights are needed for Job B. Job B rigs on Tuesday...

What we do in real life is this, the warehouse preps the ten remaining lights and sends them to site on Tuesday. We also get a courier or technician to transport the ten lights from Job A to the New Job at B...

Current shows this as a BIG CLASH and for the whole of tuesday and wednesday we appear to be ten lights short.

Also, the warehouse never get the ten lights back from Job A, caution confusion when they try to scan things back in.

What would be good would be an option on an item to say that that item specifically was going to be transferred on a given date/time to a new opportunity. You'd select the opportunity in this option as well, and it could even add it to the list for you. In availability view there would be some form of colour or visual indicator that showed the planned transfers.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

670 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Drew Holmes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planned transfers between opportunities would be a great addition to Current. Your comments here are fantastic and really help us understand why you’d like to see this added to Current and how it could work – thanks!

Across all of our customer channels, building a purchasing module is the most popular feature request so we prioritized this. Now we’ve got the first phase of purchasing released in beta, planned transfers is next up from the wishlist.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting for so long – we’ve not forgotten that so many of you find this important. We’ll be back as soon as we’ve got more information to share.

90 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@matt. I’ll give this some thought. You mean to book them out on the later job at the same time as the initial job is leaving? Would you then reverse the action to allow you to allocate specific kit at the point of transfer? I like to keep a trail of specific assets heading between events.

I’m still hopeful there’s a really elegant solution in the pipeline!

• Matt Rogerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@drew - could you mark the items that are transferring from another job as booked out and set their "container" to the job they are transferring from ?
    That would stop them being picked and have a note on the system showing where it's coming from. Could do it when the 1st job loads so the quantities match - take advantage of Current RMS only booking kit out fir the job timeframe regardless of the scan / bookout real time ...

Right bodge today...

Warehouse has sent literally hundreds of cables to an event, because they were on a list. However "everybody" knew that that kit was actually transferring from another job, rather than coming to the warehouse. Now they're trying to prep my job for tomorrow and there's nothing left!

Has anybody else come up with workarounds to avoid this sort of situation?

On Thursday night we had a large event in London. We loaded out of the venue overnight into Friday morning onto two articulated lorry trailers. One trailer got back to our unit yesterday afternoon. The second trailer is en route from London to another event over in Ireland.

We knew that a large portion of our kit needed to be separated out as the London job finished and so we sent a three man ten of our warehouse staff down to London to help it go smoothly.

We also had kit that we needed to send straight to Ireland. It had to be prepped at the same time as the London job and packed onto the front of the London/Ireland trailer.

Lots of kit on both jobs. Here’s a quick example.

London job, 16 line array speaker boxes.

Ireland, 12 line array speaker boxes.

We have enough kit in our warehouse to prep both jobs, but we don’t want to take 28 boxes to London, rather we expect to take 16, and then transfer 12 of those straight to Ireland.

To make sure the warehouse team knew which kit to prep or not we marked the Irish kit as “Sub Hired”. This meant it could not be scanned out, and the warehouse team knew not to look for it.

When the Trucks left our unit heading to London we switched all the sub hires off and made the kit clash again. This meant we could scan the kit onto the Ireland job.

The problem is, using sub hires falsely affected the availability of kit for the duration of the Irish job, and has led to us dry hiring our speakers that we later find are on a ferry to Ireland.

Very frustrating.

Just to add - when I said "they have outlined how this will work" - they didn't share that with me - its an internal document ....

Speaking to the team a PLASA they have outlined how this is going to work but I don't think started to work on it yet ..? It sounds like progress but I was really surprised this has taken so long and that there are other projects being worked on before this gets sorted - I understand that the pricing and purchasing modules need work - but day to day this seems to be causing more people more of an issue. It would be great if they shared what they are planning to do - its never going to meet everyone needs but at least if they said what they were planning we might end up with a solution that works for most of us - rather than what they *think* will work for us ?

First mega crossover clash of the September silly season and we've had a nightmare. There's really no way of tracking what kit is going from job to job.

No news on this for a while...

Hoping for a big exciting announcement at PLASA... Sadly I can't be there in person (busiest week of the year) but if you've got spare swag left over feel free to send us some!

• Josh Neusinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion this would be the most useful addition to Current RMS.
    The only way that works flawlessly for the equipment transfers in current is to not use current. I have tried using sub rents, containers, setting jobs as storage locations, custom fields on opportunity items to write a bump on report. None of it works well at all. I love using current rms its great but this is a big hole in its function for us.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even just having the ability to select an item and send the barcodes over to the new job at the click of a button, type the new job name and then choose what status you want them at, Allocated, Prepped, or Just straight book them onto the new job.

• Sunley Events commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen soon! We have equipment moving between sites over weekends and Current stats the obvious we have no stock when it just needs moving and its not really a shortage - please implement this ASAP.

• Kate M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please get this sorted! We have 12 stock shortages on our dashboard and all of them are because of date clashes. It makes it really hard to track what's really a problem and what isn't!

Feedback and Knowledge Base