I suggest you ...

Providing the alternatives products as an option

When you have confirmed an order you may not have a specific product available you may actually have a alternative product EG i dont have a 325kva but i can send a 500kva instead. i wish to be able to "select alterative product" and have a choice of keeping it the same rate.
This is a critical asset for an equipment rental company

489 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dylan Hovey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't this be achieved yet. We have the "alternative product" field when creating. And it's already been done in the case of serialised containers, that we can swap a component.

It almost seems silly that it's been made available to that application specifically. Rather than to this one as well.

• Josh Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super helpful when a quotation is confirmed, you can currently edit the product and set it as sub-rented but it would be great to replace it with the alternative product without having to manually delete it and add the alternative.

• Kate M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful to us - particularly as described by Josh Small below - an extra item in the drop down list on the opportunity so that we could swap the item instantly; availability would be immediately updated and if there were accessories etc they would automatically swap too.

• Sven Oxtoby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, and Current already has the perfect field that could be used for this - "Alternative Products". At the moment it doesn't seem to do anything other than be readable by the users as reference.

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to substitute equipment to relieve shortages but with the ability to keep currently quoted price so the customer isnt put out because of this. Good for offering upgrades also. Needs to be simple process from the drop down menu on the item.

• sarah buckmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful so that i can tell our warehouse team what to use when a product isn't available (and make sure it is allocated to that event)
    The ability to select an alternative product (or substitute) would be great. Freescan is useful but only once in the warehouse. It would be good to identify the alternative earlier, so that our warehouse team know what we want them to prep as the alternative, when the listed product isn't available.
    Could be done in Stock Allocation similar to how sub-rent is detailed , but effectively Sub-rent from yourself a different product.

• James - Arena Sound and Light commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to be able to "Swap" an item on a list. For example, we use kits, i.e. "Small Speaker Kit" that has a number of accessories within it. If the specific sound desk isn't available it would be useful to be able to swap it for another item but keep the same price, qty etc. This would save time having to add a new item, update the price, re-position in the list and then delete the old item.

• Jon Brose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. In addition to a substitution, it would be nice to also specify the quantity without changing the order total. If you needed a 10m cable but you have 2 5m instead, use the 2x5m as a substitution without increasing the total.

• Olivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this in our company, this is the most important development for us.

I agree with John, the Free Scan is a great idea, and it is related, but not really helping with our problem.

Please note that sometimes, we need to substitute several products for one product. Ex : if I cannot put a 24 channel dimmer, I can put one 12 channel dimmer and two 6 channels dimmers. Or if I can't put a digital console, I may make it up with an analog console and an FX rack.

This added products for substitution should not impact the invoice. In terms of availability : added products are taken into account, but swapped products should no longer impact availability.

Most other rental management software achieve this with a 'visibility' status : invoice, preparation, or normal.
    Substituted products are set to invoice (they appear on the invoice, but not on the picking list nor availability plannner)
    Products that are placed in substitute are set to Preparation (do not impact the invoice, but appear on picking lists and availability)
    Normal is the default status, it shows both on invoice and availability.

Since you already offer the possibilty to indent products below other products, we can use it when it is a swap for the upper product.

This simple conception also allows us to add equipment that technicians want to put in extra (cables, etc,) like free scanned equipment.

When free scanning a product, we should be able to indicate if this is a normal product, that should be added to the invoice,
    or swapped for somthing else, or extra (added by technicians) and in these two cases should not appear on the invoice.

• Josh Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd argue it isn't that similar to the Free Scan option. This is for adding items at the last minute (cables and the likes). It's a bit different when you're swapping out 1 large bit of kit for another. This needs to be something that can specifically be recorded as a substitution so we can make an analysis of when we're having to swap out products and why they're being swapped. I'd imagine it'd be on the drop down list along side the add item, edit, show picker and delete. There would be an option of how many would be substituted and also set a flag in the new item saying it was a substitution. This would also be manually settable (ala sub-hire item flag) and displayable on the document layouts including what the item it's replacing was called.

• Dave Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make booking jobs during busy periods much easier. If when adding items that are shortages to a kit list when it gives you the item shortage popup it also provides the alternative product as an option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also to be able to send a quantity amount in the alternative should be relevant too

• Mat Goldsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Substituting barcodes.

When you're checking out an item like a 5m cable and you have run out for whatever reason. I wish to be able to select the item and scan in a substitute. Maybe a 10m or a 7m to go in its place.

The same mentality would work when you have a specific road case in a package, but you decide to pack everything into a smaller lighter case.

• James Adkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be really useful for an option to auto swap products for ones that are in stock. For instant say I have no more 12v 0.5amp psu's in stock it would be great for current to automatically exchange the item for another compatible psu from a list of alternative. This would be useful for lots of similar items we have in stock.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base