I suggest you ...

Providing the alternatives products as an option

When you have confirmed an order you may not have a specific product available you may actually have a alternative product EG i dont have a 325kva but i can send a 500kva instead. i wish to be able to "select alterative product" and have a choice of keeping it the same rate.
This is a critical asset for an equipment rental company

498 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Miguel Medina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this. It creates more work for the user go pull up the product to see if there is an alternative product.

• Lewis Hughes C3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would really like this to go into development as this is one the most frequent bottle necks we face.

For instance

20 x 20m NL2 Speakon Quoted

Only 10 x NL2 20m Available

But 1 have another 20 x 20m NL4 speakon available which is set as an alternative product to 20m NL2 speakon

To be able to select a 'use alternative product' (or something) to resolve the shortages in the detail view area would be fantastic!
    Perhaps this could work in a similar way to the allocations of subhires function?

• Trey Rentzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for stock shortages. If I have one type of microphone on the quote and there is a shortage of that particular item, I would like the system to suggest a pre-selected substitute that is similar, and be able to select it without changing the cost on the quote.

• aidan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This is a critical asset for an equipment rental company"

As mentioned above, this would be a really useful option

• James - VSL Productions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A common scenario for us is swaps for radio mics. For example, a job has been quoted for a Sennheiser 300 G3 handheld kit. We don't have any 300 series receivers left on the shelf, but we do have some 500 series receivers available, so it's a simple swap out of the 300 receiver for the 500 receiver, the rest of the kit remains the same. The problem at the moment is that as the receiver is a mandatory part of the kit, it cannot be removed from the job, so what do you do? Check it out and straight back in again? Or leave it as unallocated? If you add the 500 receiver as an addition line item it then gets messy when it comes to invoicing, as it doesn't match the quote, do I then have to go though and manually delete the swaps from the invoice?

• Brian O'Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if you were able to have the picker show items in the same product group when showing you options. I would call this feature "swap" compared to other rental inventory systems I have used. I want to swap out a piece of gear for the same price that does the same function.

That's why having it display that items product group would be handy and you wouldn't have to add the alternative products across the system. Be much easier to manage and simplify the picker at the same time.

Scenario
    If I have a 55" monitor on the order but it is overbooked it would present me with the group 50" and above monitors group that I have created and I could select another monitor to send it it's place from that group that would work for the rental.

Just my 2cents.

• Aaron Rebbeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently on a item you can

-Add
    -Edit
    -Delete
    -Show picker

If you could select replace and it displayed the picker to choose what to replace with. On selevting it would remove the item previously there and replae the item or items in the same location on in the oppertunity

• Aaron Rebbeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently on a item you can

-Add
    -Edit
    -Delete
    -Show picker

If you could select replace and it displayed the picker to choose what to replace with. On selecting it would remove the item previously there and replace the item or items in the same location on in the oppertunity

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this one too.
    We often have situations where we have plenty of suitable options available but have over bookeded one peice of gear.

Also, when the job reaches the warehouse the department heads may swap out gear to simplify things or as part of forward planning/maintenence.

It would be perfect to have an option to the right of the item which says "substitute item" (for me I would like it to then show picker) and I select an appropriate substitute and the pricing does not change.

The price would need to stay locked for accessories of the substituted item

• marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to see this happen. The way this is set up now requires too much communication between rental agents and fulfillment to make adjustments which then slows down the process of checking out an order. Multiple orders in the day, and this is a killer.

• Josh Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, both in picker (same style as accessories would be cool) and also line item drop down akin to adding accessories/show picker on an existing item.

We're with using Current and this is killing us. Changing orders between the teams is causing all sorts of issues with our clients.

Please please please make it a priority.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is a bit of a deal breaker for my company to move over to Current. The guys quoting on jobs don't concern themselves with availability and just quote on a system that will work best for the client. It's then the job of operations to juggle with availability, hire in for shortages and swap out like for like systems.

A solution to this would be to change the functionality of 'lock price' so it keeps the totals locked but allows you to edit the item list in whatever way you like.

Either that or the solution suggested by others where alternative products can be swapped in at the same cost.

Presently this is the only issue holding me back from fully pushing the idea of switching over to Current.

Totaly agree with this. Very important have an option to do "select alterative product" keeping the same rate.
    We also need this.

Thanks!

• Mike Olear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an option added to the blue item arrow that would allow me to easily replace an overbooked item with an in stock one. currently it seams that I need to delete the item then go to the picker, find a new item, find where it dropped it in the list then drag it back to where it should be.. too many steps... or is it just me...thanks!

• Rowan Brandreth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to get an update on this one from Current. It seems like this feature is really lacking from the software. There are a lot of situations where the warehouse need to make a basic substitution (e.g. 2 x 5m cables instead of a 10m, 2 x 4x4ft litedeck instead of an 8x4). Workarounds are messy and as it's not possible to hide warehouse additions from client documents, it's difficult to make quick changes and retain stock accuracy.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base