Customer Wishlist

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for planned transfers between opportunities

For example.

We own twenty lights

Ten lights are on job A. Job A ends on Monday, de-rigs on Tuesday and is back to the warehouse on Wednesday.

All twenty lights are needed for Job B. Job B rigs on Tuesday...

What we do in real life is this, the warehouse preps the ten remaining lights and sends them to site on Tuesday. We also get a courier or technician to transport the ten lights from Job A to the New Job at B...

Current shows this as a BIG CLASH and for the whole of tuesday and wednesday we…

670 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    90 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planned transfers between opportunities would be a great addition to Current. Your comments here are fantastic and really help us understand why you’d like to see this added to Current and how it could work – thanks!

Across all of our customer channels, building a purchasing module is the most popular feature request so we prioritized this. Now we’ve got the first phase of purchasing released in beta, planned transfers is next up from the wishlist.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting for so long – we’ve not forgotten that so many of you find this important. We’ll be back as soon as we’ve got more information to share.

2. Services Module addon that allows contractors to accept or deny work

The services module is great. Using it for all jobs now. Only thing that would be nice is a electronic way to confirm contractors on jobs. Similar to the online quote accept. You send them a link, they click yes or no and then it gets the appropriate status after that. Also the iCal feeds for each contractor/employee show up the events even if they aren't confirmed. Would be good if it didn't go in there iCal feed till they are confirmed onto the job.

392 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Services and crewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment here, there’s so much useful feedback.

Extending the services module in Current is something that we’re keen on for the future. We’re continuing with our planning for this feature and we’ll post back as soon as we have more to share.

3. Catalogue printing

Because we have all already added our lovely pictures and information into current RMS it would be a good idea to be able to generate pretty catalogues straight from current to send to our regular clients with pictures and prices.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the votes and comments on this idea, all. There’s no definite ETA on this right now, we’re working on ideas at the top of the wishlist and we’ll look to review in future. If this is something you’d been keen to see implemented, please do vote for this idea!

In the meantime, we’ve put together a quick guide on how you can use a Current RMS export to create a product catalog in Google Sheets – including pictures. Check out: Create a product catalog document using Google Sheets

4. Testing/Maintenance

I am not sure if I have missed a component here that is already in the software however I would like to see integration (maybe linked into the Quarantine section) for testing and maintenance of equipment. Currently, I add custom fields for PAT/LOLER testing to each stock level which works up to a point. However, what would be advantageous, would be a maintenance area - similar to quarantine - where all this is logged alongside each stock asset, and you get popup notifications via the Dashboard and email notifications 1 week prior to a test due date or similar. And…

430 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Testing and maintenance has been on our roadmap for some time and we know how important it is to rental businesses.

As well as being popular on our wishlist, it’s really popular across our customer channels so it’s something that we’re making a priority this year.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on what you’d like from a testing module and how you’d like it to work. Please do keep commenting – it’s really useful for us!

I’ll post back as soon as I’ve any news to share. We’re excited to start work on this in due time.

Remember you can use custom fields to store testing information against your stock levels in Current and even pull through this information to opportunity documents. We’ve put together a guide that runs through how this works, check out: Record PAT or other equipment test results

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base