Customer Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic costing - Costs Me - Costs Client

So, In the opportunity page it would be great if items could automatically fill in there direct costs to me within the cost column, instead of having to fill it in automatically. This feature would mainly be for events and hire companies although I'm sure it would have uses in other areas with a bit of simple tweaking, but for now here is an example of how I want it to work for my company.

If I created a sale item within my resources called "Black Expo Cord Carpet" and set it up to cost me £2.35 per square meter.…

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    46 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choosing Accessories

Add drop down box for choosing which accessories to add to a product at quote stage

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Choosing Accessories is now live. Now when you add a product with accessories to an opportunity, Current RMS will show you those accessories – including availability – so you can choose which ones you’d like to add.

This works in both the picker and on the add new opportunity item screen.

See: http://help.current-rms.com/opportunities/create-an-opportunity/choose-accessories-when-adding-products-to-an-opportunity

3. Free scan items in / global check-in screen

I would like to see a function where we could free scan items in from opportunities. We constantly have multiple shows coming back at the same time and have shows that have multiple orders on them that tend to get mixed up on site. It can be quite a hassle to go to from one opportunity to the next trying to figure out where certain items came from. It would be nice if an item was just free scanned in and was automatically checked in from whichever opportunity it was on.

374 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adjust the charge total to discount on the total price / 'do a deal' button

Some of our clients like to see a round off number eg. $3300 incl Tax. At the moment we have guess the magic number to get us to our right figure. it would be great if we can edit the total price, which in return will adjust ONLY the Available rental stock with the correct percentage as the discount. Discount should not apply to Labour, Transport and sub hired or non available items.

355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Creating Kits/Permanent Case Assigning

Hello. It would be useful for me to have a way of cases automatically being signed to jobs and to have the ability to make a kit of products that are always rented together. Eg; If a certain set of products always go out in a custom case then that case is automatically assigned. Or if I select a case (say a pre built rack) then on the job list it lists all the items that are inside that case. So the case items reference the hire stock.

272 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Serialized Containers update is now live! This is great for items that are generally stocked and rented together; e.g. radio mic racks, lamps on a bar, or cameras with components like memory cards.

Once you’ve added assets to a serialized container, you can scan that container on the opportunity detail view and all of the parent items will automatically be allocated, prepped, booked out, or checked-in.

To get started, check out our guide: “Set up a serialized container”:http://help.current-rms.com/knowledgebase/articles/1142443

6. Free scan/booking out items via barcode

Would be useful to have a checking out system similar to the checking in page with a barcode scanner. Eg, when I scan a barcode it adds that specific item to a job and assignees that barcode to the Job to save having to input the data twice (selecting the item manually then applying the barcode to the job). Would also be good to be able to do a general search via barcode to find out what job an item should be on. Thanks

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. eSignatures

I was wondering if there were any defined workflows or plans for esignatures. In an ideal world, you could create a hire agreement on a Surface Pro tablet or Ipad, and the customers sign directly on the PDF, and then it gets automatically attached back to the opportunity and marked as 'signed'. Legally binding and paperless from end to end.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to spot (and deal with) shortages in the Opportunities view

We have up to ten technicians adding equipment to opportunities. At the moment if they add equipment and create a shortage they get a nice warning message letting them know. They click on that message to get rid of it, and then move on. We're still short of items, but there's no indication of that in the Opportunity view. It would be great if kit that was going short was highlighted some way, maybe the font colour could change to Red?

I forsee this becoming a problem, as each technician will assume somebody else is going to look at the…

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! We updated the servers over the weekend so that product and service shortages are highlighted in red in the items list on your orders:

In addition, any orders with shortages will have an exclamation mark next to them on the Opportunities screen. To get an overview of these on one screen, use the new “Upcoming orders with shortages” dashboard tile.

We’d love to know what you think. Let us know if you have any feedback on the changes by dropping us a quick message at help@current-rms.com

9. Discussion signatures and templates

[In the context of sending email to customers] pre-written standard message text could be selected from a drop-down list to speed-up this process (ability to insert multiple times would allow compilation of longer/specific messages). eg "Thank you for your enquiry... | Here is your quotation... | Click on the link below to see your Rental Agreement...".

Can the participants from the Opportunity be included automatically? Its quicker to delete them than manually searching for them.

Could the Discussion that is created inherit the Name of the Opportunity by default (again easier to edit here if necessary, rather than typing every…

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Discussions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Record payments and deposits against invoices

Ability to add deposit payments and account for part payments made to opportunities

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Invoices & Credits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crew/Transpot Scheduling

Sure it's in the pipeline, but crew/transport scheduling.

And the ability to create nice reports either per job, per crew/transport member, or per week showing bookings and locations.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Services and crewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign People to Services while still at quote stage

With the new services module it would be great to have the ability to assign a person to each crew role while it is still at the quote stage before it becomes an order.

So the option to pencil people to the role and then confirm etc once it is an order.

We often have to pencil crew well in advance of the opportunity getting confirmed and becoming an order so this is vital for us to be able to plan crew bookings.

Also the ability to issue job details and POs to the confirm crew would be great.

Is…

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment and vote on this! We’ve added two new quotation statuses to help you better manage your staff and stock planning: provisional and reserved quotations.

Mark a quotation as provisional to start pencilling in bookable resources. Provisional allocations aren’t taken out of availability, they’re marked as “quoted for” like open quotations. Provisional bookings show up on the job planner in gray.

If you’re confident that a quotation is going to go ahead, fully reserve the products or services by marking it as reserved. When you do this, availability figures are adjusted for your products and services, as well as any provisional allocations of services or assets.

For more information, check out our guide: Mark a quotation as provisional or reserved

13. Assign standard rental discount to organisation

Assign a default discount percentage for rental or sales rates to organisations which is automatically used when creating opportunities.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Profit & Costings for an opportunity

The ability to add costs to an opportunity would be great so for example the sub-rented item has a hire in cost or a free text item has a cost to it for example a stage set would require materials that you can put the cost in for them.

This would enable you to see the profit margin of all opportunities not just the charge.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  27 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Opportunity Internal descriptions available to CREW ical feeds

It would be brilliant if the service booking ical feeds included (in addition to the location you already have in there) either the internal description of the order, or the services description section. This is already offered in the orders ical feed, but would help us massively if you could also build this into the service booking ical feeds as we store important information in those sections that as of now we have to send as a separate email to our crew members.

Thanks!

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Services and crewing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move stock items between stores

It would be useful to be able to change the store the stock was in, If it moves stores I currently have to delete the stock item and re-enter the details.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Products and stock levels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatically check in a barcoded item on the opportunity is currently scanned out on when it is checked out on another

We regularly cross scan from one job to another, and at the moment, it is possible to check out serialised items on more than one opportunity. At present, you have to scan the item to check it in on one opportunity before you can scan it on another, if you want to accurately keep track of assets.

What would be really useful is if I have a case of cable for example that has returned from one job and I wish to check it out on another, as I scan it out on the new job, it is automatically checked…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Detail view and warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We updated the servers with a new option in System Preferences called “Auto Return Serialized Rental Stock”. When enabled, serialized gear on prior opportunities is checked-in and finalized automatically when allocated onto new jobs.

19. Reserve products in quotation stage

When we make a quote to a customer we normally reserve the products for some time to prevent disappointment when finally ordering, it would be nice to have a button in quotation stage to do and undo actual reservation of the products, this may be automated with the expiry date of the quotation.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this, everybody!

We’ve added two new quotation statuses to help you better manage your staff and stock planning: provisional and reserved quotations.

Mark a quotation as provisional to start pencilling in assets and bookable resources. Provisional allocations aren’t taken out of availability, they’re marked as “quoted for” like open quotations.

If you’re confident that a quotation is going to go ahead, fully reserve the products or services by marking it as reserved. When you do this, availability figures are adjusted for your products and services, as well as any provisional allocations of services or assets. Shortages are highlighted in red, so you can troubleshoot them straight away.

For more information, check out our guide: “Mark a quotation as provisional or reserved”:http://help.current-rms.com/knowledgebase/articles/1164061

20. Online Quote Approval

You send a quote to a client and at the moment there is no way for them to approve that quote without emailing back saying "I accept!" - I'd like to see a button that they can click that reads something like "Accept this quotation inline with the Rental Agreement found here: www." This would then update the status of the opportunity and send emails to the user.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base